DEVS: LESS DIFFICULTY @ OSCORP PLS

Options
turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone who doesnt wan''t to fight this heroic against 230 enemies all the way in, please reply to this topic.

Devs: Please drop (& unify) the difficulty!

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I would like less difficulty, if it must be heroic 230s then at least let us bring some dps characters. I don't think it is too much to ask to be able to do more damage per turn than Daken regenerates.
  • I agree. I'm only fighting max of 141 and I think I have a competitive roster. I don't want other people having it harder (or easier) than me. Without a level playing field, competition is meaningless.
  • warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    Options
    Since D3PCS has not logged on since yesterday and IceIX since Wednesday good luck with this. I have never seen a development house try so hard to piss off all their customers in such a short period of time as this one.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started on 230s. No respite.

Any countdown tile going off will 1 shot a team member.

My best move is matching a daredevil red with wolvie red strike tiles down, except both Daken and wolverines strikes overwrite the trap

So it's a question of whether I can get enough blue to stun lock the opposing team while I grind through 200ish turns providing Daken isn't regenerating.

It's an entertaining challenge for the first couple of tries, just to prove it can be done. No way I am doing this 150 missions per day for a week.

This message was brought to you by the words tiny and kitty and by the number pi
  • Even as someone who did not experience the overly broken levels, I think it is absolutely paramount that they fix the issue and get everything balanced/scaled to a fair level.
  • I'm okay with it being hard... If I get my full roster. Wolverine is my only high level character that I can use. You can't force me to use M.Hawkeye and then tell me the enemies are gonna be just as hard as before. This is stupid.
  • started at 110 but i'm sure after one fight it will be up to 230. This is so **** stupid! All the new players with **** rosters get level 10 guys. Can't believe they just leave it broken like this!
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The whole leader board for this event are people who just started with no high level characters to ruin the event!!! This is officially worse than the last event!!
  • turul wrote:
    Anyone who doesnt wan''t to fight this heroic against 230 enemies all the way in, please reply to this topic.

The trick is to sell the covers you're not going to use. Sell thor, sell all your 1 star characters even if they are maxed. Thor is useless unless he's in a buffed tourney. Every one star is useless because they have too little life and they will get 2 shotted. Selling your covers makes the PVE enemies muuuuch much weaker. I just sold 3 characters and my maggia went from 230 to 101. I think it may have something to do with number of levels vs number of covers. If you have a lot of **** covers (low levels) then the pve enemies will be so easy because the computer thinks you suck for having such a bad squad of heroes.
  • pulis wrote:
    turul wrote:

The trick is to sell the covers you're not going to use. Sell thor, sell all your 1 star characters even if they are maxed. Thor is useless unless he's in a buffed tourney. Every one star is useless because they have too little life and they will get 2 shotted. Selling your covers makes the PVE enemies muuuuch much weaker. I just sold 3 characters and my maggia went from 230 to 101. I think it may have something to do with number of levels vs number of covers. If you have a lot of **** covers (low levels) then the pve enemies will be so easy because the computer thinks you suck for having such a bad squad of heroes.

I think you might have something here. I was stuck on lv 230 for entirety of Thick as Thieves event... then I sold a bunch of my leveled up 1 stars to feed iso to Patch and now my first mission on Oscorp is lv 109.
  • If the difficulty level is based on how many characters you have in your rooster - it is most stupid design I've ever seen. Who the hell came up with that ? So I should sell characters to have playable event ? This is beyond stupid icon_evil.gif
  • If someone is going to do this, please take before and after screen shots. I am a collector and am hesitant to sell of any hero (cap I'm looking at you) without confirmation.
  • ... ... So I have 32 characters. I guess I just sell 16 of them? I really want to play this event. That does not sound right in the least bit. I think the developers what us to have all the characters. Then again, they are currently not letting me play the event due to the 200+ level enemies.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone with not 230 enemies should test collecting some random heros to check the inverse...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys, dont sell your covers for the sake of this event >.< thats a horrible long term decision (like selling thorverine)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Difficulty is not set according to how many/who/what level of characters you have in your roster. It would be a very poor idea to sell your characters just to test this.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Difficulty is not set according to how many/who/what level of characters you have in your roster. It would be a very poor idea to sell your characters just to test this.

Glad that got sorted out quick. Thanks.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Is it drawing from PVP matchmaking rating?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Is it drawing from PVP matchmaking rating?

likey, but linking pve with the pvp is just a bad idea....
  • IceIX wrote:

Listen to this guy, these guys would know a lot about bad ideas
This discussion has been closed.