Idea to get game back on track. Week long extravaganza.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So to start off I know this would take quite a bit of planning and it would probably take a couple months to implement but this is what I was thinking. There would be a ton of different things going on during this week.

1st off there would be a 40% off HP and ISO sale across all devices. This would last for 6 days.

On Day 1 there would be a new pvp tourney. It would feature 2 new covers. They would both be 1* covers and would be the only buffed covers for the tourney. Each player would be given a maxed 2/2/2 version of these characters for tourney battles. It would be set up like the Gods tourney and such where you had 2 spots for retaliation. Each would be to select 1 of the 2 new heroes. There would also be packs available in the store featuring the new heroes.

On Day 2 the 1st tourney would end and the 2nd would start. This would be the same format as the 1st tourney except with 2* characters. 2 new covers would release and will be featured / buffed. Given a 2/2/2 etc etc. the 1*'s would no longer be available in packs and the 2* would take their place.

On Day 3 guess what happens? 2 new 3* covers are released. Rinse repeat blah blah blah.

On days 4-5 there would be lightning rounds featuring the 6 new covers. Each player will still have a maxed 2/2/2 version of each cover to use during tourneys. The rewards system however would not be your typical lightning round reward system. There would be brackets of 1800 players. The reward tree would look something like this:
1- 1 color of early release 4* 2000 iso
2- different color of 4* 2000 iso
3- different cover of 4* 2000 ISO
4-35 - 1 color of new 3* 1000 ISO (all 3* rewards will come with 1000 ISO)
36-70 - 1 color of 3* cover #2
71-100 - diff color
101-135 -diff color cover #2
136-170 - diff color
171-200 - diff color cover #2
201-235 - 1 color of new 2* cover
236-270 - 1 color of 2* cover #2
271-400- the pattern continues.
401-600- the pattern continues with the 2 1* covers
601-1200- 1 event token (featuring a chance at all 6 event covers + a few other random 2-3*'s no 4*. 500 ISO
1201-1800- 1 event token ISO

Day 6-7 - THE VERY FIRST "MPQ Short" mini episode. All 6 of the new covers will be buffed. You will not be given a cover to compete with because by this point any1 who has participated will have something. Especially with the noob friendly mmr.
During these 2 days all new covers are reduced cost to level with HP (excluding the 4* cover)
3* can be levelled for 800hp
2* can be levelled for 500hp
1* can be levelled for 100hp (that may be really off I dunno how much a 1* costs.)
The ISO same will end at the beginning of day 6 when the cover levelling sale begins. This will help pull a lot of that Hp that came in from the sale out of the economy. At the end the new 4* cover is awarded slightly more generously than in the pvp event. Top players may receive all 3 covers and he will be added in special packs after the tourney has ended. The end of the tourney will be his/her "official release" since players will now be able to obtain all 3 covers instead of only 1 to any player.

Think that's about all I got. Sorry bout the length.

Comments

• What is it with people suggesting ideas that cost HP? This game is broken in so many ways and you think they should add more characters that there is no way they could play test properly and charge HP? Lol you go ahead and throw away your money and time, let me know how that works out for you.
  • If anything 1 and 2 star should only be upgradeable through ISO. I can't believe that to even upgrade a 1 star cover is still 125 hp. I can get 1 star covers with a recruit token. Why not give us 125hp instead of a recruit token? They are the same value except one has more use than the other.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    What is it with people suggesting ideas that cost HP? This game is broken in so many ways and you think they should add more characters that there is no way they could play test properly and charge HP? Lol you go ahead and throw away your money and time, let me know how that works out for you.

Because if they are gonna do that amount of coding and planning they have to have a form of return on it. Simple business.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    What is it with people suggesting ideas that cost HP? This game is broken in so many ways and you think they should add more characters that there is no way they could play test properly and charge HP? Lol you go ahead and throw away your money and time, let me know how that works out for you.

Because if they are gonna do that amount of coding and planning they have to have a form of return on it. Simple business.

In that case, charge 50 dollars for the game and have updates for free. If they are adding a new character, charge 2 dollars for unlocking that character. Make everything cost ISO to upgrade. I'm sure they will have already earned waaaay more if they did business that way.
  • Nice ideas broadly. In particular I've thought before that the LR format would be a good way to introduce and seed new characters, comparably to the way they made Hunt: Ares bombard anyone even a bit engaged with enough to max him in a week. Or three days, for the grind-happy.

Quibble: do we or Demiurge want more 1*s? They're introductory characters for new users, good for the Prologue or doing well in scaled PvE, but soon to be forgotten. M.Storm aside, the only reason to keep them around is collector tendencies and a willingness to buy a lot of roster slots to back them up. Would still like to see a 1* tournament rerun, though.

Didn't check, but I can't imagine a 40% discount gets anywhere near pulling the cash/ISO exchange rate out of "lol, no" territory. Couldn't hurt, though, might tempt someone.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Nice ideas broadly. In particular I've thought before that the LR format would be a good way to introduce and seed new characters, comparably to the way they made Hunt: Ares bombard anyone even a bit engaged with enough to max him in a week. Or three days, for the grind-happy.

Quibble: do we or Demiurge want more 1*s? They're introductory characters for new users, good for the Prologue or doing well in scaled PvE, but soon to be forgotten. M.Storm aside, the only reason to keep them around is collector tendencies and a willingness to buy a lot of roster slots to back them up. Would still like to see a 1* tournament rerun, though.

Didn't check, but I can't imagine a 40% discount gets anywhere near pulling the cash/ISO exchange rate out of "lol, no" territory. Couldn't hurt, though, might tempt someone.

I have enjoyed the 1* only (or X* only) tournaments in the past. It's got quite a different feel than the other themed tournaments where you need to balance the power scale across multiple tiers.

I think I would be ok, maybe even enjoy, new 1* heroes being added into the mix. It would have to come with one proviso: more permanent singleplayer PvE content to level the new characters with. There have been a few good ideas - such as 100% clear allows for a reset of the Prologue, etc... - but I will not grind ISO to level a new 1* hero, I have 3* heroes for that.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pulis wrote:
    In that case, charge 50 dollars for the game and have updates for free. If they are adding a new character, charge 2 dollars for unlocking that character. Make everything cost ISO to upgrade. I'm sure they will have already earned waaaay more if they did business that way.

Just no. This is a primary a mobile game and no one would pay anything like that for it. Free to play is a dominant business model for a reason.
  • Well then it simply comes down to how much "one" values their work. To put it in perspective I could buy elder scrolls: Skyrim for $60 when it came out. Without buying DLC you could easily invest 100+ hours if you wanted to. With this game you can invest $60 in a bunch of different ways. You could buy more roster slots, you could upgrade your cover level, you can buy tokens for a chance at a character or you could buy ISO. All of these are reasonable purchases except "they" value their work more than what it's worth IMO. Skyrim was worked on by a staff of over 120 people and took them 3 years to build. I would bet that demiurge doesn't have 1/5th of the employees and hasn't spent 1/3rd of the time making PQ. So if you want to justify spending money on this game that's your choice. I spent money buying roster slots in the beginning and after seeing what the value it said purchase is actually worth and the way the game has turned into a cash grab lately, I will not be spending anymore of my money. This is my choice. I am simply amazed that people make suggestions to be charged, even if it is a reduced price, for something that is free in 99% of other games. Perhaps you would like to pay my share of taxes to the government as well?
  • Beyond the fact that new characters are not just raining from the sky but require a deal of design, playtesting, balancing and other work putting the whole idea to another galaxy -- it would not address any of the painful points why MPQ is more pain to play than joy, so it would not put the game back on track it left a while ago.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Beyond the fact that new characters are not just raining from the sky but require a deal of design, playtesting, balancing and other work putting the whole idea to another galaxy -- it would not address any of the painful points why MPQ is more pain to play than joy, so it would not put the game back on track it left a while ago.

I was assuming by the time it could be implemented (I said minimum a few months) that a lot of the unplayable **** and other issues would be fixed. That aside I'm not saying it's the most amazing idea and not saying it's horrible, just something I though would be fun to participate in. All the other **** aside do you at least think it would be a fun event if it could be implemented.

@badman - yeah I get the whole people are upset about spending issues ATM but if you look closer at the ideas, none of them are forcing hp to be spent anywhere. All hp related stuff I mentioned (buying hp and ISO, buying covers, etc etc) would be there no matter what, you can always do those things. The only way I brought any real $$$ stuff into the picture was that it should be much cheaper during the week long event. Nothing like a 300hp entry fee or taking things that were free (boosts) and charging for them, just a few big sales. I dunno why anyone would want to complain about things going on sale.
  • If the game was restored to the "generally fun to play" state, just any regular event would do. Certainly a fest would be little more interesting, but IMO characters are better coming one at a time, 2 at most -- dumping several would put too many players in how to fit in roster position.

Also many people have actual real life, so can't attend 168/168. But your idea could be spread across several weekends -- with event timed to be accessible fairly in all timezones. The general ramp-up is interesting really.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    If the game was restored to the "generally fun to play" state, just any regular event would do. Certainly a fest would be little more interesting, but IMO characters are better coming one at a time, 2 at most -- dumping several would put too many players in how to fit in roster position.

Also many people have actual real life, so can't attend 168/168. But your idea could be spread across several weekends -- with event timed to be accessible fairly in all timezones. The general ramp-up is interesting really.

Yeah I can definitely see your point there. It would be pretty time consuming all for 1 short period. Thanks for the feedback icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm down with anything that gets this game back to an enjoyable state across all events and mechanics. I don't think it will be hard to do.
  • I like your idea if maybe just toned down on the new characters a tad. That's a lot of roster space to buy (unless they get more liberal w/handing out HP).
  • I like your idea if maybe just toned down on the new characters a tad. That's a lot of roster space to buy (unless they get more liberal w/handing out HP).

Yeah I can see the reasoning. My reasoning for 6 characters was to fill in the LR format with usual 12 hour rotations.

The main thing is I just want something HUGE. A hey we've went through a rough patch. We worked the last couple months on fixing some errors. The games in good order for most players once again, NOW LETS CELEBRATE!!

That's the mindset I was kinda trying to go for. It can be tweaked in any which ever ways as long as there's lots of variety and lots of reward. Was kinda just hoping to get any new ideas people have to may help inspire the devs for some thing of the sort.
  • A festival of MPQ sounds awesome but I agree with some of the other posters. Spread it out further than a single week so I don't have to miss any work to join in.
    icon_lol.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a cool future suggestion, but at this point, the only thing that the devs need to do to get the game back on track and make us content is to give us a PvE event like the Hulk and NOT introduce iso skips. If they wanted to get back some of their customers who have lost faith, implementing respecs and giving some sort of win streak system to discourage skips would let the forumgoers know that they are actually listening to us.
  • giving some sort of win streak system to discourage skips

That's a great idea
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    giving some sort of win streak system to discourage skips

That's a great idea

Yeah, its been brought up a lot on the forums: reward the player instead of punishing them.
  • abuelo wrote:
    giving some sort of win streak system to discourage skips

That's a great idea

Yeah, its been brought up a lot on the forums: reward the player instead of punishing them.

It'd also take the sting out of getting bummed out of all of your points. It's a nice risk/reward mechanic between being able to farm ISO and understanding you're way open to retals.