Skip Tax - There Shouldn't Be One (Right Now)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
If you're seeing a skip tax, it shouldn't be there. If you lost an at all appreciable amount of Iso on it, please contact customer support. We're looking into why some users have seen this appear when none of the Tournies have it enabled and design on it isn't even final.

Edit: And by right now, I mean just that. We'll announce if anything changes on that portion of it. We're sure not going to miss communication on *that* change.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Win streak instead of skip tax + increasing iso rewards would accomplish the same thing while making the fanbase a lot happier... Hopefully you guys look into that. Thanks for the heads up though.
  • THERE SHOULDN'T BE ONE EVER!!!!!
  • Omg! A dev!
  • Unity wrote:
    Omg! A dev!

Found u!
  • It's hit me at random intervals during a some tourneys, but the total amount I've spent on it was probably less than 200 Iso. Does that count as "appreciable"? I certainly haven't seen boosted Iso amounts from PvP wins.
  • Unity wrote:
    Omg! A dev!
    +1
  • IceIX
    Options
    Marquoz wrote:
    It's hit me at random intervals during a some tourneys, but the total amount I've spent on it was probably less than 200 Iso. Does that count as "appreciable"? I certainly haven't seen boosted Iso amounts from PvP wins.
    If you think it's appreciable, go for it. That comment is more for the people that would make ticket over 10 Iso. Sure, if you're that angry over it, go for it, ticket away. We won't stop you and we'll still help. But 100 people ticketing over 10 Iso and 5 minutes per ticket for our team to research it means a ton of time used up for stuff that could go elsewhere.
  • Definitely a vote for a win streak here. I'll take the retals, I need the ISO not the placement.
  • Win streak instead of skip tax + increasing iso rewards would accomplish the same thing while making the fanbase a lot happier... Hopefully you guys look into that.

I would be ecstatic! Especially since recent changes have slowed the game down so much. I like the slower pace but I am so iso deprived.
  • IceIX
    Options
    As for where I've been all day, I've been in project planning/release meetings. Good stuff out of them in general, so time decently well spent (if meetings can ever be called good uses of time).
  • IceIX wrote:
    As for where I've been all day, I've been in project planning/release meetings. Good stuff out of them in general, so time decently well spent (if meetings can ever be called good uses of time).

So what's new / soon?
  • IceIX wrote:

Did you synergise? Direct work flow? Use some blue sky thinking to really understand the hivemind of a wide and divergent consumer base?

I bet you bloody did.

Go and finish those TPS reports.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Ever tempted to play MPQ under the table during a meeting? icon_e_wink.gif
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TMI
  • If we see a skip tax a week or two weeks from now, it shouldn't be there. Not as long as matchmaking is broken and active participation in a tournament results in a net point loss.

Streak bonus is the way to go. No one likes a tax. If you punish us in order to influence how we play, we're likely to just stop playing. After all, it's not like we have to be here. But if you reward us for playing the way you intend, well that's a different story. I'll go out of my way to get a bonus, for sure.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Marquoz wrote:
    It's hit me at random intervals during a some tourneys, but the total amount I've spent on it was probably less than 200 Iso. Does that count as "appreciable"? I certainly haven't seen boosted Iso amounts from PvP wins.
    If you think it's appreciable, go for it. That comment is more for the people that would make ticket over 10 Iso. Sure, if you're that angry over it, go for it, ticket away. We won't stop you and we'll still help. But 100 people ticketing over 10 Iso and 5 minutes per ticket for our team to research it means a ton of time used up for stuff that could go elsewhere.

No, I'll let it slide in hopes that your efforts are better spent elsewhere. Here's my number 1 concern, as I've said in another thread. The change to boosts is fine, and the apology for not communicating it and the rationale in advance is appreciated. HOWEVER, the last 2 PVE events have been impossible because the huge number of super high leveled enemies cannot be beaten without the same boosts that you're trying to reduce. You can't have it both ways. If boosts are being made more expensive, there have to be fewer missions with maxed out enemies. Not zero, but far less. Otherwise, the fun is gone.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Marquoz wrote:
    No, I'll let it slide in hopes that your efforts are better spent elsewhere. Here's my number 1 concern, as I've said in another thread. The change to boosts is fine, and the apology for not communicating it and the rationale in advance is appreciated. HOWEVER, the last 2 PVE events have been impossible because the huge number of super high leveled enemies cannot be beaten without the same boosts that you're trying to reduce. You can't have it both ways. If boosts are being made more expensive, there have to be fewer missions with maxed out enemies. Not zero, but far less. Otherwise, the fun is gone.
    Agreed, and the last two PVE events have definitely been substandard. We've put changes into play in the Heroic event to fix things up a bit, but it's unfortunately not something we can do retroactively without an actual reset. And given that a number of players are able to progress at a decent rate it'd be unfair to a portion of our player-base to do so. What we can do is use the improved methods in the next PVE events and look into a re-run of Heroic Chapter 4 with a better start.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Marquoz wrote:
    Agreed, and the last two PVE events have definitely been substandard. We've put changes into play in the Heroic event to fix things up a bit, but it's unfortunately not something we can do retroactively without an actual reset. And given that a number of players are able to progress at a decent rate it'd be unfair to a portion of our player-base to do so. What we can do is use the improved methods in the next PVE events and look into a re-run of Heroic Chapter 4 with a better start.

Is Thick as Thieves scheduled for a rerun was well? That one wasn't any better than Oscorp.
  • If you rerun episode 4, could you maybe add a character to the roster that can match black and also give us dummy covers for required missions?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Is Thick as Thieves scheduled for a rerun was well? That one wasn't any better than Oscorp.
    Sorry, toss that one on the pile as well. I can't give any dates or anything and we don't want to shove the content back in too fast (See: burnout on Hulk's Episode twice in a row).