Thank You.... Nope I Mean It...Seriously

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Well i have to give thanks where thanks are due. The past couple weeks with this game have left me with many emotions which i shall list in order

1- Anger
2- Frustration
3- Very Angry
4- Very Very Angry
5- Disappointment
6- RAGE

Then when this Heroic Mode started it got even worse. Locking me out of missions for NO REASON made me EXTRA RAGEY. So i emailed the Dev's and explained my situation. It may have taken 6 days to get some answers from them but eventually today i did., and for my troubles i got a 100 HP, 2000 iso and a red Daredevil cover.

So i guess that there was some light at the end of this very very very dark tunnel in the end.

Comments

• Congratulations! That's the Rank 2-3 reward, which is pretty awesome.

If I may ask - how'd you get locked out of a mission? o.O I know you've hit some weird code before (I remember a post from you about fighting a level 20 daken on his own or something), but I've never heard of being locked out of a mission (unless it's because you're missing a character, but that's supposed to be that way).
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Telicis wrote:
    Congratulations! That's the Rank 2-3 reward, which is pretty awesome.

If I may ask - how'd you get locked out of a mission? o.O I know you've hit some weird code before (I remember a post from you about fighting a level 20 daken on his own or something), but I've never heard of being locked out of a mission (unless it's because you're missing a character, but that's supposed to be that way).
    It's was news to us as well, but pretty undeniable that it happened. We had a couple cases of it way way back in the day but the cause of that was simple and easily remedied.
  • Nice one, just a shame I've been waiting 3 weeks for a response to a ticket I raised. Glad to see they're at least helping some people anyway.
  • Telicis wrote:
    Congratulations! That's the Rank 2-3 reward, which is pretty awesome.

Dont really know as i had Daredevil from the previous tourny. It was the mission i had to face Bullseye(arrested) just stayed locked for no reason. some bug i guess. oh well least i got my coins and cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    Nice one, just a shame I've been waiting 3 weeks for a response to a ticket I raised. Glad to see they're at least helping some people anyway.
    If you haven't already, send off a PM to D3PCS with your ticket number so he can look into it. Tickets shouldn't take that long to go through the queue.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ice9, quick question: your username IS a reference to Vonnegut, right? I mean, that's what we have always suspected, but CONFIRMATION FROM THE DEVS IS REQUIRED TO SATIATE OUR PALATE.

Also, thanks a lot for lurking on the message boards. I see you on a lot after-hours (or at least what most of us would deem normal hours), which tells me that you're probably jumping on the message boards when you get home. That says a lot about your passion for either the game or the players (both of them, I'd guess). So thank you.
  • IceIX wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    Nice one, just a shame I've been waiting 3 weeks for a response to a ticket I raised. Glad to see they're at least helping some people anyway.
    If you haven't already, send off a PM to D3PCS with your ticket number so he can look into it. Tickets shouldn't take that long to go through the queue.

Thanks Ice, I'll do that icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    radiopy wrote:
    Ice9, quick question: your username IS a reference to Vonnegut, right? I mean, that's what we have always suspected, but CONFIRMATION FROM THE DEVS IS REQUIRED TO SATIATE OUR PALATE.

Also, thanks a lot for lurking on the message boards. I see you on a lot after-hours (or at least what most of us would deem normal hours), which tells me that you're probably jumping on the message boards when you get home. That says a lot about your passion for either the game or the players (both of them, I'd guess). So thank you.
    No problem. And as to the name reasoning, sort of. My train of thought when creating the username was (while being trounced online in a game of NCAA '13 with my brother and a couple friends):
    - Need a username, don't want to use the same one as I use for every other board I'm on.
    - Shouldn't be a name name, easier to remember if it's more of an identifier.
    - Hmm... Maybe I should be lazy and just click a few times on a fantasy name generator.
    - Nah. Wait, what is he talking about with his work? He's freezing liquids at different pressures and gravities? (My brother's friend is a chemist/researcher of some type) Wait, there are different types of Ice?! Heavy water I knew, but...
    - (Some googling in between plays and being scored against) Wow. This is pretty cool. 15 types of ice with different structures.
    - Wait, 15 types, Ice 9, I wonder if this is why Vonnegut named that stuff in Cat's Cradle what he did?
    - Well, IceIX is type 9 of ice, works with Vonnegut's stuff too. Good enough for a handle!

So... serendipity.
  • Well i have to give thanks where thanks are due. The past couple weeks with this game have left me with many emotions which i shall list in order

1- Anger
    2- Frustration
    3- Very Angry
    4- Very Very Angry
    5- Disappointment
    6- RAGE

Then when this Heroic Mode started it got even worse. Locking me out of missions for NO REASON made me EXTRA RAGEY. So i emailed the Dev's and explained my situation. It may have taken 6 days to get some answers from them but eventually today i did., and for my troubles i got a 100 HP, 2000 iso and a red Daredevil cover.

So i guess that there was some light at the end of this very very very dark tunnel in the end.

Are you the hulk, by chance?
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:

That's weird. I've send like 4 or 5 tickets about different issues and always got an answer within a day.

Just this morning I lost my account without a facebook backup and they solved it in a couple of hours.
  • IceIX wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:

Just wanted to say a thank you to IceIX for the suggestion of contacting D3PCS, and a thank you to D3PCS. My issue is now sorted icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    radiopy wrote:

No problem. And as to the name reasoning, sort of. My train of thought when creating the username was (while being trounced online in a game of NCAA '13 with my brother and a couple friends):
    - Need a username, don't want to use the same one as I use for every other board I'm on.
    - Shouldn't be a name name, easier to remember if it's more of an identifier.
    - Hmm... Maybe I should be lazy and just click a few times on a fantasy name generator.
    - Nah. Wait, what is he talking about with his work? He's freezing liquids at different pressures and gravities? (My brother's friend is a chemist/researcher of some type) Wait, there are different types of Ice?! Heavy water I knew, but...
    - (Some googling in between plays and being scored against) Wow. This is pretty cool. 15 types of ice with different structures.
    - Wait, 15 types, Ice 9, I wonder if this is why Vonnegut named that stuff in Cat's Cradle what he did?
    - Well, IceIX is type 9 of ice, works with Vonnegut's stuff too. Good enough for a handle!

So... serendipity.

This important answer needs a sticky. I sent in a help ticket asking just this and FINALLY I get an answer icon_razz.gif