Upcoming Patch Preview - R48 Discussion

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Reposted here for conversation sake. Larger content patch this time around in comparison to R46 and R47. As always, note that this is only a preview and not the final Patch Notes for R48.

Gameplay
    - Victory Bonus! S.H.I.E.L.D. quartermasters are offering up to a 30 Iso bounty per battle an Agent completes victoriously in Versus Tournaments.
    o Each time an Agent skips a battle, this bonus is reduced by 10. o This bonus continues to reduce until it is -10 Iso per skip. o The bonus is Event-wide, not per node o The bonus resets every time a battle is completed (win or lose)
- Iso-8 has always had varying properties that have changed over time. Recently combat boosts using Iso-8 as their base have been used in combat both against and for H.A.M.M.E.R. New technology has allowed certain boosts to be concentrated, essentially allowing them to stack. All stacking boosts do so additively, so two 20% boosts will act as a 40% boost.
- The nature of Iso-8 and its effects on combat have also reduced the efficiency at which some boosts are created by the S.H.I.E.L.D. quartermasters. As a result, some boosts have been ‘retired’ from active service. What this means in practice is that those boosts are still available for Agent use but no further boosts can be gained through either missions or purchase. Similar stackable Boosts are intended to be procured by the quartermasters to replace them.
- Alliances are now available for S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents to join. The Alliance system is brand new and as of current is fairly basic in scope. S.H.I.E.L.D. technologists, as well as Bruce Banner and Tony Stark are working to expand this functionality as time moves on and the battle against H.A.M.M.E.R. becomes more heated.
    o Agents may create an Alliance for others to join o Agents may view the roster of any other Agents in their Alliance o An option to search for Alliances is available for Agents to browse currently open Alliances
- Bruce Banner’s research on the Gamma Bomb have paid off in an unexpected way. Using Iso-8 as its base, a new style of energy reactor has been created with Gamma Bomb technology. Anyone that is within range of these controlled environments when the reactor is active has found themselves able to alter the strength of their abilities, but at a cost to another one of their strengths. S.H.I.E.L.D. technologists have termed this phenomenon a “Power Shift”, although SHIELD Field Agents have taken to calling it a “Respec”
    o Power Shifting may only be done to a character that has 13/13 abilities o Using an ability comic (or paying the Hero Point cost) for the power desired, an Agent may choose to add a point to that power while reducing one of the other powers by one point.

UI
    - Affirmation screens have been added to Versus Shield and cover pack purchases - Agents viewing other Agent's rosters will now see all available heroes sorted by their level

Misc
    - If an Agent Versus name registration fails, the S.H.I.E.L.D. servers now suggest a valid name - Time is now handled by the S.H.I.E.L.D. server which should eliminate occurrences of Agents seeing some events end “early” due to their device’s system clock being set incorrectly

Android Only
    - Implemented Google+ Cloud Saving. This can be found in the Options menu. - Agents are now able to gain Achievements for in-game actions. This functionality is basic in form and will be built upon in further iterations of the software. S.H.I.E.L.D. is also looking into the feasibility of bringing this incentive system to other Agent platforms as well. - Fixed an issue preventing some devices from detecting taps in-game (most notably the Dell Venue 7)

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And so begins the golden age of MPQ... I wonder what boosts have been "retired" though, are these the 20% damage boosts or the +3 AP boosts?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Looks to be a good, well thought out patch for MPQ. Only thing missing is an increased boost cap.
  • RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RESPEC!!!!

Edit: Damn ninjas.
  • IceIX
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Looks to be a good, well thought out patch for MPQ. Only thing missing is an increased boost cap.
    It's been discussed as a part of the ability to stack Boosts but may not make it in to R48 (or could be superfluous if Boost stacking means that stock is less prevalent anyway).
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Best patch ever.

Alliances, respecs, boosting boosts and victory-bonuses!!

How excited were you to announce the respec?
  • Dammit I just started building a new Cap lol. Oh well, respec is coming hooray!
  • Wow, guilds! Respecs! Sounds great!
  • Any purpose to alliances?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh no, after these, the two steps backwards will be tough!
  • IceIX
    Options
    Any purpose to alliances?
    At the moment, just what's listed. We'll be building upon it in future releases.
  • What boosts are being retired?
  • Would be awesome to share loot with alliance members instead of the Facebook system later
    Also who's up for a forum alliance?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like these changes.

For the Respec, for the inevitable Spidey/Mags nerfs, anyone with 13 covers should automatically be awarded the 2 covers they are missing, and an option to sell similar as was done with Thor/Wolverine. For buffs/redesigns, it would be nice to get the missing covers. I'm thinking of my 4* Wolverine here, but I don't have 13 covers. Also, might be good if the costs were halved for any character with 13 covers.

I hereby invite everyone to the Forum Alliance.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Any purpose to alliances?
    At the moment, just what's listed. We'll be building upon it in future releases.
    A great feature would be "raids" where guilds...I mean Alliances...could challenge other Alliances in timed PVP matches. One Alliance challenges, another accepts, then two hours of PVP versus the other alliances teams only. A nice system for awards could be implemented where cosmetic or non-gameplay altering prizes are offered. Perhaps something like skins for the covers?
  • Do you guys have any plans on dropping captian americas protect and moonstones control shift ap cost? It would make them SO usable.
  • I have a 4/5/4 3* Spiderman. I also have a 1/0/1 3* Spiderman.

Can I use the 1/0/1 to respec the 4/5/4? Or does it have to be single covers only?
  • Thank you for the ability to respec. Maybe all the crybabies will shut up now.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kyoku wrote:
    I have a 4/5/4 3* Spiderman. I also have a 1/0/1 3* Spiderman.

Can I use the 1/0/1 to respec the 4/5/4? Or does it have to be single covers only?

I am 99% sure it will be single covers only: I would be incredibly surprised if they added the option to exchange covers between 2 instances of the same character in your roster.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will we be informed which boosts are being retired before the patch?

Alliances sound interesting. I'd really like it if we could share bonuses with alliance members instead of Facebook friends.