The List: Most Wanted New Characters

Options
Ok so everyone has cast their votes and the results are in!!
We ended with 58 voters casting 464 votes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5529

So originally we were going to do a top 20. I decided to go ahead and include every character that broke the 20 point barrier. This list now includes the top 27 characters asked for by the forum community. Let me know what you think about the results? Any big surprises? I can probably answer specifics about covers that didn't make the list if there's not too many or if there's any other specs any1 wants to know bout results. You can also just skim through the original thread linked above.

Just over 100 characters received votes from the community.
The (gold) character receiving the most votes was (gold) juggernaut with 12 points.
(Gold) storm and (gold) hawkeye each had 6. That was all requests for (gold)

Around 10 covers tied for last place receiving only 1 point.

27- Mr Sinister / 20 points
26- Ghost Rider / 22 points
25 - Kitty Pryde / 23 points
24- The Thing / 24 points
23 - Namor / 25 points
22 - Mystique / 27 points
21- Beast / 28 points
20- Dr Octopus / 29 points
18/19 - Scarlet Witch / 30 points
18/19 - Green Goblin / 30 points
16/17 - Carnage / 31 points
16/17- Sabretooth / 31 points
14/15 Emma Frost / 35 points
14/15 Ms Marvel / 35 points
13- Moon Knight / 40 points
12- Rogue / 46 points
11- Thanos / 47 points
10- Dr Strange / 48 points
8/9- Apocalypse / 50 points
8/9- Iceman / 50 points
7- colossus / 60 points
6- Silver Surfer / 71 points
5- Jean/Phoenix / 75 points
4- Cyclops / 77 points

And here's where the gap starts to get a little noticeable.

#3 - Gambit - 116 points!! A lot higher than I thought he would go.

#2- Nightcrawler - 145 points!!! My favorite!! Can't believe he did so well!!

#1- Deadpool - 166 points! Of course he was gonna get 1st but not by as much as I thought.

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wowsers.

I have a complete collection of Deadpool appearances prior to 2011. Since then he's gotten harder to collect, because he's everywhere. I didn't realize he'd gotten this popular.

You may as well give out the top 100 if it's easy, or everyone with 10-20 points.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm kinda surprised moon knight is so low XD

edit: dear god I'm not the only person who voted for him???
  • Puritas wrote:
    I'm kinda surprised moon knight is so low XD

edit: dear god I'm not the only person who voted for him???

He actually did pretty decent. Even without your 20 point boost to him he still would have been able to make the list. I wouldn't mind seeing him. Thought about trading him in for mystique but I just think her powers would be awesome.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    List fails for lack of Madrox. icon_e_sad.gif
  • List fails for lack of Madrox. icon_e_sad.gif

At least he didn't come in last. 2 points.
  • Good to see there is a decent amount of demand for Gambit! I am a bit surprised at how high he got point wise myself, tbh, despite him being my number one.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    [kidding]I want a 4 star Squirrel Girl![/kidding]
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2014
    Options
    What that list tells me is that the X-Men fans are the most vocal or that practically everyone loves the X-Men universe.

Nice list, personally am interested in seeing Thanos and Silver Surfer
  • Thanks and great work putting the list together! Hopefully the developers take it into consideration.

Cable_and_X-Force_Vol_1_7_Solicit.jpg
  • Cable & Bishop from x-force would of made some interesting play also!!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Surprised Cyclops was ranked this highly, didn't realize he was so popular. Wish i would've voted, Thanos would be top ten if i had. icon_redface.gif
  • I'd love to see a lot of these. But based on current line-up, and how licensing works, I wouldn't be surprised if they were limited to characters that are directly involved in Dark Reign storyline, or versions of them. So far, everyone that has appeared in game also appeared in the Dark Reign arc, so a few of these are probably not gonna happen (assuming I'm right). Deadpool should certainly be showing up though. Both of him. icon_razz.gif
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chops wrote:
    I'd love to see a lot of these. But based on current line-up, and how licensing works, I wouldn't be surprised if they were limited to characters that are directly involved in Dark Reign storyline, or versions of them. So far, everyone that has appeared in game also appeared in the Dark Reign arc, so a few of these are probably not gonna happen (assuming I'm right). Deadpool should certainly be showing up though. Both of him. icon_razz.gif

Its been stated several times that they have free reign of characters from the marvel universe. How far they'll stray from the dark reign story line is a different story.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Scarlett Witch so far down the list and no mention of Wasp at all? Pshh, no love for classic Avengers from the kids these days icon_cry.gif
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Scarlett Witch so far down the list and no mention of Wasp at all? Pshh, no love for classic Avengers from the kids these days icon_cry.gif
    I voted for Wasp, Antman, The Vision, Scarlet Witch and Thing (F4 but still classic) among others, so a little love from me. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Glad to see deadpool being so popular. He is my favourite.
    Hopefully the devs will take this result into consideration when making new chars.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Glad to see deadpool getting some love. If these results are taken into consideration, the alliance will be very happy. Now we only need a move called eat/throw/something with a taco.
  • Wish I had voted, but it would have been wasted on Prof. X who didn't even show up on the list??? A 4* Xavier with crazy board control powers would be hella fun.
  • Wish I had voted, but it would have been wasted on Prof. X who didn't even show up on the list??? A 4* Xavier with crazy board control powers would be hella fun.

Yeah, Prof. X only received 1 vote for a 5 point value. Wasp and vision and all those mentioned above came in at like 3-6 points each also.
  • List fails for lack of Madrox.
    He was excluded for voting too many times.