Chaos League presents: Make MPQ memes!

mischiefmaker
mischiefmaker Posts: 932
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Chaos League had such a good time with our last contest, we decided to do another one!

Contest and rules
Not a poet? No problem; this time, the contest is about memes! You create a meme and post it in this thread by Monday, April 7th, at noon PDT. You may post as many times as you like, but if you'd like to be considered for one of the prizes you must say so (last time we had lots of people enter just for fun, which was great but hard on our judges).

What is a meme? For the purposes of this contest, a meme is an image with overlaid text. You may use one of the many recognizable memes with MPQ-related text, such as the following examples (Philosoraptor, Condescending Wonka, Most Interesting Man in the World):

d1e2qi2.jpg6KjnwcT.jpgvzL0AfC.jpg

Or you may use an MPQ-related image. Be creative and funny!

Not a Photoshop wizard? No problem. Choose from a popular meme or upload your own image at http://imgur.com/memegen (or any meme generator of your choice). Once you're done, copy and paste the text under "BBCode" on the right, which should look like this:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gMvDZKj.png[/IMG]

Prizes
Once again, there are two prizes:

Early bird prize: The first person to submit ANY meme, as long as it makes sense, will be admitted to our alliance for the ending of the Best There Is tournament, and will win whatever prize we win (likely to be 2000 ISO, 100 hero points, and a yellow Captain America - Steve Rogers cover).

Grand prize: The best meme will be admitted to our alliance immediately after the Best There Is tournament and allowed to stay through the end of the Unstable ISO-8 event, winning whatever prizes we win for Unstable ISO-8 and the weekend PvP tournament (likely to be at least top 50 for both).

After each event is over, we'll ask the winner to leave the alliance so that we can keep a slot open for future contests.

We know that many of you are already in an alliance, so prizes are fully transferrable -- if you win a prize, you may designate someone else, and we'll accept them in your stead.

Have fun!

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Grand prize: The best meme will be admitted to our alliance immediately after the Best There Is tournament and allowed to stay through the end of the Unstable ISO-8 event, winning whatever prizes we win for Unstable ISO-8 and the weekend PvP tournament (likely to be at least top 50 for both).
    That meme, such a lucky little thing icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milhouse.PNG
    Baghouse is not a meme.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    24g60qa.jpg
  • Well, Charles, well done on winning the contest before it even begins. That's like triple entendre or something.
  • JamieMadrox
    Riggy wrote:
    Well, Charles, well done on winning the contest before it even begins. That's like triple entendre or something.
    Oh I've only started.
  • JamieMadrox
    1zyf15f.jpg

hs0x1y.jpg
  • JamieMadrox
    153l55v.jpg

I'll stop now.

Edited to add:

a26e6c.jpg
  • 2582475.jpg

Not fussed for the comp, love my alliance
  • Let's see if this works...

48089040.jpg
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    qhKgYCk.png
  • Not quite a Meme but i think that this must have been what the devs thought of when they nerfed Rags
    2zznw2x.jpg
  • x5tJMwa.png

Just 4 S & G
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2014
    SHHIRCg.png

And please do consider me for the judging icon_e_smile.gif (The above)

PXMED1I.png
  • What a great idea for a contest! i laughed out loud several times but really could not explain the joke to my husband. Also, using an empty alliance spot to give rewards is absolutely brilliant. I look forward to seeing more entries!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    This thread is full of win! Let me participate for fun as well :3

AVXXDhj.png

Community scaling:

IGfzb5I.png

bAsobynl.png

umoCKkF.png

Okay I'll stop now...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just posting for the fun of it.