Poll: What character is the most fun to play?

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Many characters make a team stronger. See the Character Rankings to see the characters that are considered strongest. However, just because Black Panther has an awesome claw attack, that doesn't necessarily make him fun to play in Heroic mode. The poll is limited to 10 choices, or I would have added Ares, Hulk, Iron Man, Daken, and others.

What makes the characters fun? Some possibilities.
1. Board control -- adjusting, placing, removing tiles (Magneto, Cap, Hood, BWGS)
2. Power control -- stealing or limiting ISO, stunning. (Hood, Cap, Storm, BWO, Spiderman)
3. Combat control -- Attack tiles, strike tiles (Wolverine, Black Panther, Punisher, Psylocke, Loki)
4. Health control -- Lots of health, healing, regeneration, protect tiles. (Wolverine, BP, Hulk, Cap, Thor)
5. Color control -- AP generation. (Magneto, Storm, Hood, BWGS, Cap, IW)
6. Time control -- Adjust or steal counters (Hood, BWO, Moonstone)
7. Damage control -- Do massive harm (BP, BWGS, Magneto, Thor, Cap, HT, Wolverine, Hulk, Punisher)
8. Speed -- Move faster (Magneto, Spiderman, Punisher, Psylocke, Ares)
9. Cool animations and sounds. (Ares)

Myself, I like controlling the board, which puts Cap, Magneto, and Hood at the top of my Fun list. What are your thoughts?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• My most fun characters are the ones that give me "mini-objectives" - Psylocke for her abilities that build on each other, Human Torch for trying to create room for Inferno and building up his Green, Ares for trying to get max effect from all of his abilities.

And Hulk, because massive Anger cascades will never not be fun
  • I probably would have voted Ares if he was on there (Oh, you think I'm almost dead? Watch what I do to your entire team), but voted for Magneto - I recently got mine up to five blue covers and that power is probably the most fun thing I've done lately. Plus, he pairs well with Ares; I was using them together a lot in the LazyCap PVP.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    I shoulda left off Spiderman and BP, and used Ares and Hulk.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Didn't notice Storms were there, or would have voted for them too.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah wish I could vote for psylocke!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely c. Mags blue. The minigame of "crit the env tiles"'is a blast to play.
  • What no love for the perpetual headbutting machine?

I voted storms but also would have voted for ares, psylocke and even daken

Honorable mentions to Shield Bro and fishnets
    Mags/hulk don't have enough covers to make my list yet
  • I love Patch. Love the animations, the sounds, the pouring of strike tiles, and the drawback management it takes to use it.
    Also, mStorm. I admit a 3star lazyStorm would clearly break the game, but maybe a 2 star one? Just to be a little bit more playable?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    More love for Hood. I like the animations and that sudden tick which gets you that one AP to fire something from your arsenal. Hood vs Hood is boring though icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: Hood has a 4,5x crit multiplier, pair with cMagneto for easy crits and enjoy the slaughter. My lvl 109 Hood did more than 2k damage on a critical yellow multi-match (in a LR).
  • There needs to be an ares in this, because I love that guy.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You dare attack Magneto??? (Magnetic sound effects)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    I mentioned Bronze characters in another thread, as a 1* alternative to Gold characters. Based on the results here, the following might be good new 1* characters.

Heroes: Wolverine, Hulk, Punisher
    Villains: Magneto, Ares, Hood, Daken

I'd split the Standard Tokens. One could choose Heroes or Villains with a standard token.
    Heroes: Wolverine, Hulk, Punisher, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Storm, or a small chance of a 2* or 3* hero.
    Villains: Magneto, Ares, Hood, Daken, Venom, Yelena, Juggernaut, or a small chance of a 2* or 3* villain.

There wouldn't be much reason for an established player to collect the 1* versions, except for the rare 1* events. Still, they'd get to see more options in the standard tokens they win every day. Less established players would be able to try out the mechanics of someone like The Hood or Punisher at zero cost.
  • I mentioned Bronze characters in another thread, as a 1* alternative to Gold characters. Based on the results here, the following might be good new 1* characters.

Heroes: Wolverine, Hulk, Punisher
    Villains: Magneto, Ares, Hood, Daken

I'd split the Standard Tokens. One could choose Heroes or Villains with a standard token.
    Heroes: Wolverine, Hulk, Punisher, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Storm, or a small chance of a 2* or 3* hero.
    Villains: Magneto, Ares, Hood, Daken, Venom, Yelena, Juggernaut, or a small chance of a 2* or 3* villain.

There wouldn't be much reason for an established player to collect the 1* versions, except for the rare 1* events. Still, they'd get to see more options in the standard tokens they win every day. Less established players would be able to try out the mechanics of someone like The Hood or Punisher at zero cost.

Hood as a bronze might be OP. Most of the benefit you get from him really doesn't come from his level. I suppose he would be a MStorm sized target on defense, though.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Hood as a bronze might be OP. Most of the benefit you get from him really doesn't come from his level. I suppose he would be a MStorm sized target on defense, though.

Bronze Hood should have less health points than Hawkeye. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd have to go with Daredevil. I only use him for tanking in the lightning rounds (he's only level 18), but rarely has something been more satisfying than taking Punisher's fussy face down with a sausage drop. I also have trouble not giggling when he does that 'toss the sex toy thing in the face of the enemy' blue power (I suppose it's actually nunchaku, but the former is definitely more amusing to visualize.)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    I'm imagining that tournament ..
    1* characters: Wolverine, Hulk, Punisher, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Storm, Magneto, Ares, Hood, Daken, Venom, Yelena, Juggernaut

One problem with free-for-alls is that the maxed characters take a long time to take down, and they tend to exclude players based on their rosters. Also, it takes a long time for 3* characters to heal on their own. The 1* tourneys have a too-limited character selection at the moment. Some bronze characters would fix that. The newer players would have an advantage, since they'd be most likely to have leveled up the new 1* characters, and would be more familiar with playing them.
This discussion has been closed.