Unhappy Euro Player, tourney end times must change!

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I know it's been said before but something needs to be done because people WILL stop playing over this!

The end times of tourneys are going to kill the euro player gaming base because tourneys finish at 5am !

I'm in England

I lasted until 1:30 am and was 1st in Thor tourney

Wake up and found if drop 350 points and ended up with top 50 placing. All that hard work!

Euro players unite! Please add your gripe below!

Comments

• Yup, hovered all week in top 10 rank, usually 3,4. Woke up too early at 4.00 a.m. Managed to play til 5.00 a.m. at rank 7. Fell asleep and within that last hour I fell back in the 26-50 range. I still have fun playing the game but I notice that I care less and less about the final ranking. Concluding from other games I played the competetive feeling gets lost then, resulting in boredom, resulting in quitting the game.
  • I feel you guys. Hopefully they vary them soon.
  • Darklondon wrote:
    I know it's been said before but something needs to be done because people WILL stop playing over this!

The end times of tourneys are going to kill the euro player gaming base because tourneys finish at 5am !

I'm in England

Wake up and found if drop 350 points and ended up with top 50 placing. All that hard work!

Welcome in the club man. Just go for progression rewards from tournaments. Don't think about prices from top 25. Thor tournaments and last 5 hours = -250 point for me.

Just how it works for us...
  • MaTThZero
    MaTThZero Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    i have actually been nr 1 in the thor tournament this week in my bracket for like 3 total days.. i even got the 1300 reward.

Last night i managed to stai awake until 3 am and i had like 200+ points more than the one on the 2nd place.

Went to sleep . woke up to -413 points and got the top 25 reward.... this is seriously messed up
    Europeans have absolutely no chance to compete for top places
  • MaTThZero wrote:

Oh, we do as any other player, I just finished #1 in Thor tournament. It's just we need to put much more effort into it than rest of the world and that effort is waking up at 4am to keep eye on tournament during its last hour.

As a not working student I can do it with no problems on those 2 nights a week, the worst that could happen I will be bit sleepy during classes on Monday. Although it gives me the advantage over most of my fellow Europeans, it doesn't mean I like it or would prefer not being forced to do it. I understand that most of other European players are not in such comfortable situation and one more time express my support for European friendly tournaments. Simply adding couple hours to tournament timer doesn't seem like a big deal.
  • I think it would be better to change the tournaments so they aren't determined by just the last couple of hours.
    If this can't be done, then it would be good if different tournaments had different end times, to give everyone a chance at competing.
  • It should ends on different time zones by cycle like in lightning rounds. That would be fair
  • MaTThZero wrote:
    i have actually been nr 1 in the thor tournament this week in my bracket for like 3 total days.. i even got the 1300 reward.

Last night i managed to stai awake until 3 am and i had like 200+ points more than the one on the 2nd place.

Went to sleep . woke up to -413 points and got the top 25 reward.... this is seriously messed up
    Same thing here as an East Coast US player. It would be nice to either have the brackets separated by time zone or have tourney end at different times so that everyone has a shot at the end rewards.
  • For all the bracketed tournaments we should be able to pick what hour we want the tournament to end. I'm sure there will be enough people to fill up brackets. If not then do it in 2-3 hour increments.

I'm on the east coast US and finished 2nd in Thor tournament but staying up till midnight is not fun. I have to get up at 5 am during the week and kids wake up around 6-6:30 on weekends. I would much rather lose 2 hours of the tournament and have it end at 10 pm.
  • Alternate solution would be to fix points structure so placement doesn't rely on playing in the last hour so heavily. But yeah, something needs to be done. I honestly consider this one of the top priorities. And I'm not even Euro, so I can only imagine how much worse you guys have it.
  • there should be point gain only not point loss, like in pve. we can play with relax. grinding without worries
  • Polkio wrote:
    Darklondon wrote:

I'm in England

Welcome in the club man. Just go for progression rewards from tournaments. Don't think about prices from top 25. Thor tournaments and last 5 hours = -250 point for me.

Just how it works for us...

You sure made up for lost time by getting 4k points in Heroic Jugg though :p
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alternate solution would be to fix points structure so placement doesn't rely on playing in the last hour so heavily. But yeah, something needs to be done. I honestly consider this one of the top priorities. And I'm not even Euro, so I can only imagine how much worse you guys have it.
    It was pretty relaxing when retaliations were broken for a good part of the last day of the thor tournament
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Polkio wrote:
    It should ends on different time zones by cycle like in lightning rounds. That would be fair
    Agreed. A simple and fair solution. Perhaps IceIX could comment on this?
  • Zirtak wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    It should ends on different time zones by cycle like in lightning rounds. That would be fair
    Agreed. A simple and fair solution. Perhaps IceIX could comment on this?
    This is a subject that has been talked about a lot on the board and I haven't seen Ice offer one statement about it. Seeing how he is pretty active here I can hardly believe he isn't aware of the cry of complaint. My guess is they either don't agree or don't know how to implement an equalizing solution.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    That's why I asked.

These time differences are especially horrible for PVE Tournaments. American players have hours to catch up while we are sleeping.
  • Zirtak wrote:
    These time differences are especially horrible for PVE Tournaments. American players have hours to catch up while we are sleeping.
    I totally agree. Even though I'm in the US, because I'm on the east coast event rewards are never in the cards for me. I mostly just use the events for the progression rewards. I'm loving the Juggie event right now because there is no attacking happening and so no danger of losing points. Just gain points, take a break, let your heros heal, then come back and you can pick up right where you were instead of 500 points lower.
  • What if the devs divide the weekly versus into Asia, Europe and America brackets?

We can choose which brackets we'd like to get into. But if there's not enough Euro or Asia players, that won't be possible.

But for PvE event like heroic juggernaut, i don't think it'll be necessary.

I'm sure the devs can pull this off since they can pull off lightning rounds flawlessly.

I live in Asia and the tournaments end at 12 noon. So it's kinda okay for me.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Just popping in to say that we hear you, since this is one of those things that's pretty binary. We either support different event endtimes or we don't. I can't promise anything in particular, but wanted to let you know that we're aware at the very least.
  • Black widow.

1:30am - sleep - 2nd place

Wake up. Dropped 350 and placed top 50 again

8(
This discussion has been closed.