Patch Preview - R43 Discussion

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Providing a place of discussion for the Patch Preview posted here.

Comments

• Sounds great! Quick question on BW's black ability. Is it only when she matches, or is it when anyone matches?
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Sounds great! Quick question on BW's black ability. Is it only when she matches, or is it when anyone matches?

Great question! I am also wondering about it since yesterday icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    Only when she matches.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Only when she matches.

That makes it less useful. It means that you shouldn't use other characters that are strong in Purple, Black or Blue with her in one team icon_neutral.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Providing a place of discussion for the Patch Preview posted here.
    Really like the Team-Up change. Caused much aggravation during the current Heroic icon_e_wink.gif

Also a little disappointing on Original Widow's passive (that it only triggers when she matches rather than the team), but it would be really useful during events with villains that use lots of black and purple (since I don't use those colors much outside of Widow). Now only if there was such an event ongoing... icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    Shikao wrote:
    That makes it less useful. It means that you shouldn't use other characters that are strong in Purple, Black or Blue with her in one team icon_neutral.gif
    This is true. However, this is in addition to her normal Aggressive Recon, so she goes from being a leeching machine to "You get none of that color because I say so", with a bonus bit of damage if she's the one in charge of a given match.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Only when she matches.

Follow up question: When she deals additional damage, does she gain priority matching or is it based solely on her normal stats? Example IM40 hits for 40 for blue. She hits for 35. With the additional damage, she hits for 50. Who makes the match?

I know I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    This is true. However, this is in addition to her normal Aggressive Recon, so she goes from being a leeching machine to "You get none of that color because I say so", with a bonus bit of damage if she's the one in charge of a given match.

True. But from those three colours, blue is the best by dar - Spider-man stun, Storm AoE and couple others good blue skills in game. Purple and black are not used too often, in fact my teams very rarely have skill of either colour. However, she can be perfect anti-Doctor Doom machine by denying blue and black.
  • Shikao wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Shikao wrote:

True. But from those three colours, blue is the best by dar - Spider-man stun, Storm AoE and couple others good blue skills in game. Purple and black are not used too often, in fact my teams very rarely have skill of either colour. However, she can be perfect anti-Doctor Doom machine by denying blue and black.
    I'm choosing to think about it this way - stealing Purple leads to stealing all the other colors.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    Follow up question: When she deals additional damage, does she gain priority matching or is it based solely on her normal stats? Example IM40 hits for 40 for blue. She hits for 35. With the additional damage, she hits for 50. Who makes the match?

I know I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask.
    As you probably figure, Iron Man would in that case and she wouldn't get the bonus damage.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    I'm choosing to think about it this way - stealing Purple leads to stealing all the other colors.

Good catch! I am too sleepy for thinking too much. (awake for 21hrs... since moment I got up for end of weekend tournaments at 3.30AM)
  • IceIX wrote:
    Posted the Patch R43 Preview which has the description for Espionage in it.

Retina support is nice...I think I asked this once before, but any chance of a landscape mode eventually? Or, at the very least, screen rotation? You see, I have this problem where my battery runs out every day from playing too much PQ, and the charge port on the iPad is on the bottom when playing the game.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Or, at the very least, screen rotation?
    I'm sure I read once that App Store guidelines said apps had to rotate 180 degrees, but I keep seeing apps that don't rotate getting approved (like this one). Maybe I imagined it?
  • One other question: Is the damage from her Espionage a separate tick that activates strike tiles?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    One other question: Is the damage from her Espionage a separate tick that activates strike tiles?
    It's currently a separate tick that double dips on Strike tiles. So a max level 3 match of Black will do 117 base and 112 bonus for 229 damage total. An 18 damage Strike tile will raise that to 135 with a 130 bonus for 265 total.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Retina support is nice...I think I asked this once before, but any chance of a landscape mode eventually? Or, at the very least, screen rotation? You see, I have this problem where my battery runs out every day from playing too much PQ, and the charge port on the iPad is on the bottom when playing the game.
    There is a chance, yes. Not a promise that it's coming, but it's on the roadmap as an eventual feature in the same way that Guild Housing is something that the Blizzard team wants to do in WoW someday. Engineers and UI artists poke at landscape when they're not doing anything else, but unless a concerted effort goes in, it's strictly back burner to more critical UI, new characters, events, etc.

Edit: I'm always pretty bad about oversalting my comments with commas. That above sentence though? That's an abomination.
  • Thanks. Nice to know it is on the radar somewhere back there.
  • IceIX wrote:
    There is a chance, yes. Not a promise that it's coming, but it's on the roadmap as an eventual feature in the same way that Guild Housing is something that the Blizzard team wants to do in WoW someday. Engineers and UI artists poke at landscape when they're not doing anything else, but unless a concerted effort goes in, it's strictly back burner to more critical UI, new characters, events, etc.

Edit: I'm always pretty bad about oversalting my comments with commas. That above sentence though? That's an abomination.

I think, and this is just my opinion, that your statement, while possibly true, does leave room for improvement; when looking for variety, use the punctuation in my friend here --> icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

Landscape s not needed, just the ability to reverse top and bottom while we have the iPad plugged in!!!!!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    One other question: Is the damage from her Espionage a separate tick that activates strike tiles?
    It's currently a separate tick that double dips on Strike tiles. So a max level 3 match of Black will do 117 base and 112 bonus for 229 damage total. An 18 damage Strike tile will raise that to 135 with a 130 bonus for 265 total.

Does that mean that if the match damage is enough to down a character, the Espionage damage will hit the next person in line?