Cant update using steam

Options
Mrazy
Mrazy Posts: 46
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It says a new update is available, i click yes, it redirects me to the steam store page of MPQ.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I have the same issue, also with my Steam. I was ingame, and the game forced me to click on the update, refers to webpage... Restarted Steam completely, still same issue icon_e_sad.gif
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same problem here.
    Not sure how to correct the problem.

If you click no to the update you can still play even in PvP events. Strange.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah, this message is popping up every 5 minutes, and it's impossible to actually upgrade. very annoying.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can't imagine in the end of a PvP with that insane pop-up !
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can you still play all events on R54? If so, enjoy your competitive advantage
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is occurring for me as well iceIX Help!
  • Unknown
    Options
    same problem. looks like its all of us.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yep, me and my OH both seeing this. Very annoying.

Our mobile versions of the game (Android) updated fine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Someone obviously forgot to put the patch on steam or if Value checks them, yeah right, rejected it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    same here
    so could anything happen to people playing on the old patch ?
    I read that the pve nodes are stronger in the new patch and they are still the same for me..
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Someone obviously forgot to put the patch on steam or if Value checks them, yeah right, rejected it.
    Pretty sure valve doesn't do more than the most cursory checks, if even that
  • Unknown
    Options
    Even in a middle of a match the window still popping...working as intended icon_rolleyes.gif

Next wave of departures..

"-Why are you leaving the game ?
    -It isn't the burn-out, nor the MMR Hell, nor the scaling, nor the tinykitties...
    -Why so ?
    -That crazy pop-up window which back & forth like Loki or Magneto's power"
  • Unknown
    Options
    I remember seeing this before and you just have to wait until Steam actually updates it which can take a while.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Phantron, did you update then? My levels are high enough for me not to be afraid of the patch "too" much, maybe I might even see some reduction. What happened to yours if you did update?
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    http://steamdb.info/app/234330/history/
    http://steamdb.info/depot/234331/#section_history

Awesome. Looks like a new entry was made for the R55 patch in the game's main depot, but whoever was in charge forgot to update the actual contents (i.e. the game data and binary) in the content depot.
    :: GLaDOS slowclap ::

Perhaps it's a side-effect of the above, that Steam is now claiming the used disk space for the installed game is 'none'...

(And no; this is not a matter of the update still being pushed through. The pertinent changeset was made a full 5 hours ago.)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uninstall and reinstall doesn't work either. It removes nothing and re-adds nothing! Oh, and that stupid pop-up left me black screened.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Same problem here. At this point I think it's safe to say that all my progress in the pve was for nothing. Without having played at all in 1 sub how can someone hope to catch up? It's really funny (or not). Today I was thinking how bad would they screw up in this pve and a few hours after this happens. I guess their ability to destroy in without equal. Hulk Smash. I think it's about time you hire someone who can program without breaking the game every 2-3 days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Phantron, did you update then? My levels are high enough for me not to be afraid of the patch "too" much, maybe I might even see some reduction. What happened to yours if you did update?

Wasn't able to update and I got tired of the game asking me to update every 3 minutes so just going to wait a few hours.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    I think it's about time you hire someone who can actual program without breaking the game every 2-3 days.
    While they're at it, hire someone that can run competent community management full-time as well.

I have a lot of respect for the **** IceIX puts himself through by volunteering to run that show inbetween normal work, but we really need something more here.
    Full-time community management would've latched onto this Steam issue and would ensure we get status updates on it. Instead, right now we're just second guessing whether this issue is even known by the developer, publisher or whoever else is responsible for maintaining deployment of updates on Steam.

Also, I'm going to echo:
    Narkon wrote:
    At this point I think it's safe to say that all my progress in the pve was for nothing.

D3P essentially is screwing over all the Steam players, removing fair competetion in the final stretches of TaT. And, as is par for the course, EU players are getting double-****: by the time this situation gets resolved, it'll be past midnight and the EU players that haven't lost their sanity to this game (which hopefully means the most of them) will have retired to bed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Same problem here. At this point I think it's safe to say that all my progress in the pve was for nothing. Without having played at all in 1 sub how can someone hope to catch up? It's really funny (or not). Today I was thinking how bad would they screw up in this pve and a few hours after this happens. I guess their ability to destroy in without equal. Hulk Smash. I think it's about time you hire someone who can program without breaking the game every 2-3 days.

Youve rb in main, you dont need to do subs. Also why you cant play, you cant run MPQ without update?