Poll: Who is the Best Purple Character?

Options
Color poll #3: Purple

If you could pick characters for colors individually who would you choose for purple?

- Your chosen character would be your only purple ability for the battle
- This character would also control the tile damage for this color
- In this hypothetical you would have characters for the other colors, so if a support ability is what you consider the best for this color don't feel like it would go to waste

Because it came up in the replies for each of the first two polls I have included select 2* abilities for this poll. A character is the 3* version unless otherwise noted in the poll. You can vote for up to three characters for a broader view of opinions and feel free to give your full rankings below.

Link to the other color polls:
- Red http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10231
- Yellow http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9989
- Black http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9876
- Green http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8953
- Blue http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9035
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Missing Nick Fury icon_e_wink.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* OBW still being viable well into the 3* transition is all you need to know about how OP her purple is
  • Unknown
    Options
    If Avoid was on a 3* heavy damaging hero who didn't use CD tiles it would be fighting for number one for me. As it stands though, although I love pheremone rage and MT it's got to be OBW with her aggressive recon. Really strong offensive AND defensive skill all in one package that synergises really well with her black skill.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How many of the skills on this list just completely end characters? How many will one-shot The Hulk?

Yeah, that's right. One.
  • Spoit
    Options
    MT might one shot someone, but an aggressive recon can turn the whole match around and wipe the whole team
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I voted for Polarity Shift for third instead of Pheromone Rage. While Rage is obviously stupid powerful, AI-friendly (duh! a passive that triggers on any green match?), it's still a passive and it doesn't win games by itself. Polarity Shift is a match made in heaven for cStorm, and while it's narrow, it's fun as hell to use.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    MT might one shot someone, but an aggressive recon can turn the whole match around and wipe the whole team
    Yeah that.

Translocation is great but AR can shut down a team completely. OBW cascades are probably the number one cause of all my losses recently.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Translocation is great but AR can shut down a team completely. OBW cascades are probably the number one cause of all my losses recently.

This...OBW. She is my bane.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Honestly, I've probably lost fights more often to OBW than to, say, lazy thor
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited June 2014
    Options
    That doesn't go to say that oBW is SO OP NERF HER NAO.
    At least speaking personally, I rarely use oBW in PvP now, as her health seriously scares me and with her rare colour palette, she gets in the way of the harm quite often. So when I see enemy oBW, I often get smug and arrogant. Big mistake. Against LT, the player is naturally cautious and more likely to calculate their moves. But poor little oBW with her 3,1k health? She can't do anything before I kill her.
    Well, sometimes she can.

tl; dr: I love oBW, she's sexier than LT.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    That doesn't go to say that oBW is SO OP NERF HER NAO.
    tl; dr: I love oBW, she's sexier than LT.

Lies! Even fishnets cannot compete with these Thighs of Thunder!
  • Abralicious
    Abralicious Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I dunno what I would do without OBW. I also really like pairing her with MNMags for healing.
    cMags' purple is scary so he was my third choice.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OBW. It should be noted that you need exactly 3 covers.

It goes:
    1 cover, OK,
    2 covers, bad,
    3 covers, AMAZING,
    4 covers, bad,
    5 covers, good.
  • Spoit
    Options
    I dunno what I would do without OBW. I also really like pairing her with MNMags for healing.
    cMags' purple is scary so he was my third choice.
    Oh right, my mags is good too, a solid 4th that I'd vote for if I had more
  • Unknown
    Options

It goes:
    1 cover, OK,
    2 covers, bad,
    3 covers, AMAZING,
    4 covers, bad,
    5 covers, good.

Err, no, 2 covers is awesome. It costs less than 3 covers while only not stealing a color that you more often than not can't use anyways. If I could go back and drop my OBW to 2/5/5 I totally would.
  • HairyDave
    Options

It goes:
    1 cover, OK,
    2 covers, bad,
    3 covers, AMAZING,
    4 covers, bad,
    5 covers, good.

Err, no, 2 covers is awesome. It costs less than 3 covers while only not stealing a color that you more often than not can't use anyways. If I could go back and drop my OBW to 2/5/5 I totally would.
    Punisher and Psyduck love it when she's got 3 purple covers..
  • Spoit
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

It goes:
    1 cover, OK,
    2 covers, bad,
    3 covers, AMAZING,
    4 covers, bad,
    5 covers, good.

I assume you mean 2? Punisher is the only one you're liable to run into in the 2* transition. BP and psylocke are both pretty rare
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

It goes:
    1 cover, OK,
    2 covers, bad,
    3 covers, AMAZING,
    4 covers, bad,
    5 covers, good.

I assume you mean 2? Punisher is the only one you're liable to run into in the 2* transition. BP and psylocke are both pretty rare
    No I meant three.

I was just suggesting that there are some very good outlets for the black you start stealing with three covers - and I completely ignored Panther icon_lol.gif