How much ISO needed to max 3* characters?

Options
Curious:

a) Is the ISO cost to level up 3*s (assuming 3 colour abilities) the same for all characters?

b) What is the ISO cost to fully level up? To give a general idea, anyone got a 3* at level 120+? What's the cost to the next level?

I've got a bunch of 3*s sitting around the 30-50 level range, and it's already more than 1k ISO for each next level... I can only imagine at later levels the cost is astronomical! icon_eek.gif

EDIT: I'm mistaken, these are at 500-600 for next level presently. I think the 1k mark is around level 60-70...

Comments

• Hi,

I can tell you that it will take 1834 ISO to get my Ragnarok from level 100 to level 101. He's my highest level character, so can't help you beyond that (yet). I know some of our regulars can do better though icon_e_smile.gif
  • Geez! icon_e_surprised.gif
    (...actually I'm not that surprised..)

I gotta wonder though, how there are players with several characters at level 110+... sooo much ISO!
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Going from level 120 to 141 is just over 50k ISO.

I am not 100% sure on the cost, but I estimate a 3* costs in the range of 200k ISO to level from 1 to 141.
  • This is why I look forward to lightning rounds each week. Quickest source of ISO
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Bainee wrote:

I am not 100% sure on the cost, but I estimate a 3* costs in the range of 200k ISO to level from 1 to 141.

Sounds about right.
  • Haha! I Guess the "Mother Lode" of 25k ISO for $50 is not worth it. icon_lol.gif
    (...though paying for ISO, hardly seems worth it in any case IMHO...)

Hmmm... Let's see: I can usually net about 2k ISO per Lightning Round assuming that I play continuous matches the whole time...
    ...So that would make approx 100 lightning rounds x 1.5hrs per round = 150 hours of gameplay to completely level up a 3-cover 3*...

Whew! Loooong way to go! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Bainee wrote:

That's why I want to figure out the rate of stat improvement on these characters. If stat improvements are linear (which I suspect they are) you are getting a terrible return on leveling up your character for the last 20 levels until they reach max.

It would be much wiser to spend that 50k ISO on bringing another 3 star character from levels 20 to 60 (? or maybe even higher) instead.
  • It would be much wiser to spend that 50k ISO on bringing another 3 star character from levels 20 to 60 (? or maybe even higher) instead.

I'm waffling. Presently I'm going with an incremental leveling, so all my (chosen) characters are at approximately the same level...

...but then I see how much of a wrecking-ball a single high-level 3* character can be, and it makes me think I should be focusing on just one character instead...
  • Well, I think there are caveats in that. It would definitely be wiser to bring Ragnorak from 90-120 then using that ISO on a lower leveled Loki.

A lvl 120 Rag is much scarier to a PVP opponent than one that is lvl 90.
  • Ragnarok can't reach Level 120, Level 115 is the max. But the point remains valid.
  • When I was leveling up my c. storm, I was keeping track of the coss of each level to see how much more I needed. The best predictive model I had for levels 64 to 79 was an increase of a random number between 10 and 25. So it fit closely to a prarbolic curve. I don't know how this relates to 3* characters or other levels, but i could see it being an extrapolation of that curve or a related parabola. I also don't know if the required ISO is the same for everyone, or if a RNG is used. If they do use a RNG, then ISO requirements would be different for everyone.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    When I was leveling up my c. storm, I was keeping track of the coss of each level to see how much more I needed. The best predictive model I had for levels 64 to 79 was an increase of a random number between 10 and 25. So it fit closely to a prarbolic curve. I don't know how this relates to 3* characters or other levels, but i could see it being an extrapolation of that curve or a related parabola. I also don't know if the required ISO is the same for everyone, or if a RNG is used. If they do use a RNG, then ISO requirements would be different for everyone.
    I'm fairly certain it's tied to stat gains. So in theory, Rags would be cheaper since only 2 attack colours with low max value. Health is not factored in. Wolvie and c.Storm have varying health, but same attack values (albeit different colours) and right now @ 50, they both cost the same to train.

As I detailed in the max stats thread, attack values seem to grow in a linear fashion. But since you have 6 stats that grow at varying rates in (rounded) integer values, this is what leads to the varying costs at varying levels.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    When I was leveling up my c. storm, I was keeping track of the coss of each level to see how much more I needed. The best predictive model I had for levels 64 to 79 was an increase of a random number between 10 and 25. So it fit closely to a prarbolic curve. I don't know how this relates to 3* characters or other levels, but i could see it being an extrapolation of that curve or a related parabola. I also don't know if the required ISO is the same for everyone, or if a RNG is used. If they do use a RNG, then ISO requirements would be different for everyone.
    I'm fairly certain it's tied to stat gains. So in theory, Rags would be cheaper since only 2 attack colours with low max value. Health is not factored in. Wolvie and c.Storm have varying health, but same attack values (albeit different colours) and right now @ 50, they both cost the same to train.

As I detailed in the max stats thread, attack values seem to grow in a linear fashion. But since you have 6 stats that grow at varying rates in (rounded) integer values, this is what leads to the varying costs at varying levels.

Wow, nice pick up.
  • Hi,

I can tell you that it will take 1834 ISO to get my Ragnarok from level 100 to level 101. He's my highest level character, so can't help you beyond that (yet). I know some of our regulars can do better though icon_e_smile.gif

And for another point of reference, my IM40 takes 1760 ISO from 97 to 98.

I'll try to remember to check the cost for L101, as that would provide a check on ihearthawthats theory -- Rag only has 2 colors while IM40 has 3, so logically IM40 would be more expensive.

Has anyone actually been keeping track of this in a spreadsheet? Would IceIX pilfer the source and post it here so that we can stop postulating?
  • Takes 1834 ISO to go from 100 to 101 on IM40, exact same as Ragnarok.

I hope you all appreciate me dedicating my ISO to this icon_e_wink.gif
  • If some of you guys could post some stats like "Hero, Level, Iso to next level". I'll compile a table for the wiki.
  • finwe wrote:
    If some of you guys could post some stats like "Hero, Level, Iso to next level". I'll compile a table for the wiki.

Seems like a lot of work... if IceX could just supply the data for us?
  • I suppose there is 1 formula per * category, should be quick to find with some more data points. If not, I'll call it off icon_rolleyes.gif
  • finwe wrote:
    I suppose there is 1 formula per * category, should be quick to find with some more data points. If not, I'll call it off icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe you can pm the dude who claimed he hacked the patch files or whatever.
  • For 1* characters you pay 20 more Iso for every level. With 2* it's a bit different, but still 40 Iso increase for two levels (36+4, 27+13 etc.). I haven't checked it for 3*, but I assume it must be the same, maybe this time 60 for 3 levels?