Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 2*

Comments

• Yeah, Switcheroo would be downright amazing at, say, 6 AP for 2 swaps. Rather than 18.
  • If you took your switcheroo to lvl5, you're doin it wrong.

And **** @ c.mags? I thought you were talking about 2-star mags. In what world would someone want bagman to be as good as a top 5 3-star character? That would be 1-star squirrel girl territory.

Bagman needs a buff, but nowhere near as necessary as a multitude of other characters, 3-star Spidey included.
  • If you took your switcheroo to lvl5, you're doin it wrong.
    Because swapping one pair of tiles for 13 (!!!) purple is doing it right? Yeah. Okay. It's overpriced no matter how many covers it's at.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Put me in the camp for defending Bagman. His abilities are very useful, just too expensive.
  • renfox
    renfox Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I almost see Bagman as a wildcard. If your forced to use him in an event, putting his powers to work can really be a fun challenge. I also happen to have plenty of roster space for him to sit in. If you're trying to advance with the new roster pricing Bagman has no leg to stand on. I do like that he takes up an interesting set of colors and skills, put for PVE only.

I always got the impression that he was a joke character, not to be taken serious. I mean, com on, he's got a bag on his head.

Did anyone else have bagman and find him fun to use during that one event he was featured?
  • I have been one of the defenders of Bullseye and find him better than people give him credit for but also overpowered, but I couldnt justify having bulls and bags so I cannot say I have made room for him, even though I would be curious to give him a decent try, just not curious enough to spend the 450 HP to give him a home, 1* Hawkeye might even take precedence ...

How about that for a change, it will always be free to add one bagman to your roster.
  • That segment with Bagman in the PvE was genius. icon_lol.gif In fact, overall, I've never felt better about a grindfest. The lines are spot-on Deadpool. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I was pouring over the various write-ups of the character probabilities (I crunch the numbers some time to see the chances of a 3* or better,) and I noticed something... odd. My numbers didn't line up, see - I knew there were 13 characters (11 with three colors, 2 with two,) but when I counted the number of characters each type of token gave you, I only got 12.

There is one 2* missing from the tokens list, and I just checked, he's missing from all of them - apparently they didn't just add the Human Torch (Johnny Storm) to the tokens, they added him and took out Spider Man (Bag Man.)

I wonder if this means he's essentially out of the game entirely? There's no list for the Standard Tokens, so I don't know if he's in there, and of course there's no list for the PVP rewards either, but speaking for myself I haven't gotten him since they changed the token drops a week or two ago...
  • They pulled him from tokens when they added Baby Torch. They made an announcement about it. He's still in the game and available other ways (PVP, for example).
  • This was noted in one of the patch updates, they removed him from standard and heoic but are keeping him in event tokens.

They will probiball do this to others, and eventually rotate them in for a while while rotating others out. this was done to not further dilute the chances at 3*'s

Looks like i was ninjaed.
  • GrimSkald
    That's pretty odd, actually. I mean, I can't imagine it would be difficult to muck with the percentages to make an even spread - a 6.5% chance for each 2* rather than 7.2% for example. Not that I'm complaining - I don't keep the character myself...

I guess they thought it would be easier this way since so many people hate him. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrimSkald
    Ah, here it is:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13401

Interesting. It is so strange that they have this game set up to easily add 3* characters, but not 2*...
  • Xiltyn
    Xiltyn Posts: 61 Match Maker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I wonder if this means he's essentially out of the game entirely? There's no list for the Standard Tokens, so I don't know if he's in there, and of course there's no list for the PVP rewards either, but speaking for myself I haven't gotten him since they changed the token drops a week or two ago...

Oh, he's not gone... I received 5 covers for him in the last day of the Storm PvP alone.
  • I hope he is out I can't stand him.... I have cashed in on maybe 50 tokens that came up bagman...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarkSentry wrote:
    I hope he is out I can't stand him.... I have cashed in on maybe 50 tokens that came up bagman...

Why is everyone getting all my Bagmans? If I added up all the Bagman covers I ever got including the prologue set, I'm not even sure I even got enough to max cover him, even before he was removed from token drops. If I'd known they were going to do this, I'd have kept him instead of mhawkeye, who pops up about 40% of all my non-standard tokens. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Xiltyn
    Xiltyn Posts: 61 Match Maker
    DarkSentry wrote:
    I hope he is out I can't stand him.... I have cashed in on maybe 50 tokens that came up bagman...

Why is everyone getting all my Bagmans? If I added up all the Bagman covers I ever got including the prologue set, I'm not even sure I even got enough to max cover him, even before he was removed from token drops. If I'd known they were going to do this, I'd have kept him instead of mhawkeye, who pops up about 40% of all my non-standard tokens. icon_e_sad.gif
    Really? I had max covers for him, sold him for the roster slot, after opening up a few more slots had him maxed again. Sold him again for the space, am now in my third max covered Bagman... Not to mention the 20-30 covers of his I sold while having a maxed one in my inventory (five of which dropped within the last week during PvP after he was removed from the token packs). Believe me, if I could send them your way (or anyone else's for that matter), I would gladly do so.
  • So I have been thinking about bagman and how to improve him for a while. As have many of us. Let me know what you think.

Yellow 9- " oh no you don't "- bag man uses webs to take away enemy weapons. Remove 2 enemy ap of each color for each web tile on board. Remove all web tiles.
    Blue 4 - "stick around" - bagman sprays webbing to inhibit enemy action. Place yellow webtile anywhere.
    purple 9 - "little help?" - bagman calls in the big guns. Place 5 TU tiles on basic color tiles.

Yellow - 1 - 1ap per webtile red/green
    2 - 1ap r/g/bk/p
    3 - 1ap each color
    4 - reduce ap cost to 9
    5 - 2 ap all colors

Blue
    1 - 3 ap replace basic tile
    2 - replace basic or strike tile
    3 - replace basic strike or shield
    4 - replace any special tile 4ap
    5 - replace any tile

Purple
    just mimic mmags. Or for more punch gsw.

What do you guys think?
  • Was there a change to this char recently? I looked at his skills now after a couple of months and I couldn't make any sense of them. Oh... I think that was the case before as well.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Bugpop wrote:
    There is no ability that benefits from an increased friendly countdown timer.
    There is now!!

icon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.png
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    vudu3 wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    There is no ability that benefits from an increased friendly countdown timer.
    There is now!!

icon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.png

Hahahaha...finally a use for Bag-Man!!!!