Takesy Backsy

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
We've all done it, made a move and then realised there was a match-5, or made a move then died under a Cascade of Eternal Matches.

It would be nice if there was an undo button somewhere, that put everything back to what it was before you moved. It could be called the takesy backsy button.

(This is a pipedream flight of fancy born of madness, with no expectation that it would or could ever happen (except perhaps as a super-duper power of the 5* Scarlet Witch, or something that costs 10 HP each time it's used).)

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just did this same thing tonight. Made a move then saw the match 5. Which the enemy took the next turn.

I agree it's a pipe dream but sometimes you just really want an undo button.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I may not have the sharpest or smartest fingers... but this even applies to situations where there are 2 or more possible moves available using the same 1 tile... move up = match 5, move left = match 3 and leaves the match-5 you had intended to make for the AI.

I don't want to have to confirm every move I make, but if there was even some way to save me from an unintentional/accidental move. (Verify though, I could be intending to make the **** match because I need the color more than the match-4 I am ignoring - or because I want the AI to get the 4-match because it is a color they are soft on so the AP won't matter and damage is low.)
  • "Well yes, I matched the two blue, but my fingers were crossed, so it shouldn't count."
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't want to have to confirm every move I make, but if there was even some way to save me from an unintentional/accidental move.
    I run into this a lot too, and it seems like the problem is that the game isn't necessarily reading the direction of the swipe. There have been plenty of times when I'll do something like swipe down, but because my finger caught the left edge of the tile when I began the swipe, it moves it left instead. Very aggravating.

It would also be nice if you could move a tile back where it came from if you haven't taken your finger off it, but that doesn't seem to work either.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the PC version, I've sometimes clicked on a tile then realised I wanted to move the one next to it instead. Clicking on that one tells the program that I want to swap the two tiles, when I didn't really. When it's not a valid swap it's okay, but when it is valid it's definitely not the move I wanted, and often the consequences are a cascade of heck.

I've had to get into the habit of clicking on something a long way away before clicking the tile I really wanted to move.
  • I'll take a wrong move I can move fast from over the annoyance of "undo" and making a battle last that much longer, leaving me open for attacks. Taking an extra 2 seconds to study your board makes a difference