Suggestion: Star cap tourney

Options
A tournament with a cap on the number of stars that you can bring to the fight.

For example: a 6 star cap
    two 3*** characters and an empty third slot a 1*, a 2** and a 3*** three 2**s

It could be pretty interesting and force players to play with varied teams. It's a tournament that would also help level the playing field a little for those with less developed rosters. In a 6 star cap, you would not ever encounter 3 max 3*** on a team, so people still making the transition from 2** to 3*** might be as competitive as those in mid 3*** territory.

Comments

• I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I like this idea. It should give people who are starting to get bored something new to try.
  • Maybe an Olympic-themed event? One Bronze (1*), one silver (up to 2*), one gold (any)?

Fun idea, though I'm not at all certain it will have the desired effect of increasing diversity.
  • Sounds like fun to me. Another idea that would have similar results, 1*'s are boosted 200% and 2*'s are boosted 100% (or maybe just 50%).
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Sounds like fun to me. Another idea that would have similar results, 1*'s are boosted 200% and 2*'s are boosted 100% (or maybe just 50%).

200% boosted Juggernaut... Interesting idea, though, to give lower-power characters a boost...maybe 100/50/0 might be better, though.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    Sounds like fun to me. Another idea that would have similar results, 1*'s are boosted 200% and 2*'s are boosted 100% (or maybe just 50%).

200% boosted Juggernaut... Interesting idea, though, to give lower-power characters a boost...maybe 100/50/0 might be better, though.

Good point, I always forget about Jugg. For some reason, I decided he wasn't going to fit into my roster. Maybe I'll build a new one.
  • Neat idea. But I see enough Classic Storm/Thor/Wolverine combos already. This would make them pretty much a given for most of the non top tier players. With a little polish this could be a good one though.
  • I like this a lot. icon_e_biggrin.gif I was originally trying to come up with some kind of ratio system (if you played the fighting game Capcom vs. SNK 2 you know what I'm talking about) but this idea solves the problem easily.

I think it would also be cool if your weaker characters got buffed if you decided to go under the max star cap. For instance, in a 5-star tourney, if you picked 2 1-star characters and 1 2-star character (total of 4), your characters should get a small buff to compensate for the missing "star."
  • someguy wrote:
    I like this a lot. icon_e_biggrin.gif I was originally trying to come up with some kind of ratio system (if you played the fighting game Capcom vs. SNK 2 you know what I'm talking about) but this idea solves the problem easily.

I think it would also be cool if your weaker characters got buffed if you decided to go under the max star cap. For instance, in a 5-star tourney, if you picked 2 1-star characters and 1 2-star character (total of 4), your characters should get a small buff to compensate for the missing "star."

Can i run a solo ragnarok for 200% boost? icon_e_smile.gif
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Can i run a solo ragnarok for 200% boost? icon_e_smile.gif

No, but you can run BagMan solo. No boost. He doesn't need one.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that I've seen a boosted Juggernaut in the Hulk tournament, I can attest that he's seriously scary. I worried more about him than Ragnarok, mostly because his headbutt was an instant kill against most characters.
  • I don't think Juggernaut was even boosted in the tournament. His Headbutt always did crazy damage since he takes half of the damage too. A boosted Juggernaut certainly would be very intimidating on defense.
  • Rags + BWGS = win
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really like this idea, but I think they'd have to patch the game client to support it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bumping this up
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i like this idea, it'd definitely make people really think about who they'd put out.