CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION - Change this message!

Options
Seasick Pirate
Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
The Bugs & Tech Issues section has a long topic http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20078 of players reporting getting the CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION message when their internet connection is fine. Right now in my home there are two accounts using the same internet connection. One is able to play, and the other is told to check internet connection. I was check and is fine.

What I'm proposing is to have an error code system implemented instead of a single generic and misleading message. Give us a message saying that something has gone wrong and prove an error code. Players can then use this code for refernce she troubleshooting or reporting this issue. And the error code descriptions (found on the forums) should be accurate. Don't just make them all say the player should check their internet connection.

An error log would also be welcomed, but we should probably take baby steps here. An error log could be used for players reporting not being able to get into the game.

All too often, the game breaks down for a limited number of players causing them to missing out on critical rewards they had been working hard to earn. As it is now, they're lead to believe it's an issue on their end and have no proof and error ever occured afterward. Error codes and error logs would be a huge improvement that helps the players as well as customer support.