My suggestion to improve/balance Daredevil***

Options
icon_arrow.gif

Closed!
a new suggestion based on feedback is here ==> http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3496

the idea is basically not change the skills, but offer a small compensation to the AP spent in traps that are unarmed (in 90% of cases), offering a better cost-benefit to the AP spent. leaving always be a matter of "all or nothing".
when I use it, I get the impression be paying 7 (AP) to throw a 14-sided dice, where I only gain something if you take 1 or 14. if you take 14, you get much more than investment, two or three times more, if you take one, you will be refunded 10% of your investment and can play again, and if you leave any of the other 12 sides of the dice, you lose everything .
with the changes I propose, I want to change the feel of a 12-sided dice, where I won something if you take 1, 3 or 12.
I marked my changes from blue to better view of my proposal.

Radar Sense

Purple 11 AP
Daredevil's heightened senses let him strike first, terrifying the enemy. Creates an Environment Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If enemy destroy the tile (disarm the trap) it steals 2 Purple AP. If you match the tile, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations.If you destroy the tile (disarm the trap), nothing happens. Enemies cannot see the tile.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Steals 3 AP on enemy match.
Level 3: Steals 4 AP on enemy match.
Level 4: Steals 5 AP on enemy match.
Level 5: Steals 6 AP on enemy match.

For

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Cost 1 less AP.
Level 3: Steals 3 AP on enemy match.
Level 4: Cost 1 less AP.
Level 5: Steals 4 AP on enemy match.

Equalizer
Blue 7 AP
Billy Club in hand, Daredevil prowls the battlefield, waiting to even the odds. Create a Blue trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. If enemy destroy the tile (disarm the trap) it generates 1 Blue AP and stun for 1 turn, if you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations.If you destroy the tile (disarm the trap), nothing happens. Enemies cannot see the tile

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns.
Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns.
Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns.
Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns.

Ambush
Red 7 AP or 6 AP
Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 355 damage, If enemy destroy the tile (disarm the trap), he takes 35 damage, If you match the tile, the enemy takes 12 damage and it changes locations. If you destroy the tile (disarm the trap), nothing happens. Enemies cannot see the tile.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 662 damage on enemy match.
Level 3: 851 damage on enemy match.
Level 4: 1041 damage on enemy match.
Level 5: 1230 damage on enemy match.

Max Level: Enemy takes 7712 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 148 damage on player match

For

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 497 damage on enemy match / 50 on enemy disarm / 17 on you math.
Level 3: 638 damage on enemy match / 64 on enemy disarm / 21 on you math.
Level 4: 780 damage on enemy match / 78 on enemy disarm / 26 on you math.
Level 5: 922 damage on enemy match / 92 on enemy disarm / 31 on you math.

Max Level: Enemy takes 5784 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 578 damage on enemy disarm / Enemy takes 193 damage on player match.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    return AP: agreed
    hurt enemy on disarm: not agreed.

Or at least, targeted disarm, like Magneto owerwriting a trap with a protect tile, should not count as hurting disarm icon_e_smile.gif
  • It's a bit contradictory for a trap to spring when it's disarmed, no?

"Good job MacGyver, you've disarmed the bomb with only seconds to--*BOOM!*"

AP refund would be nice, but it would still be a long way from making this guy viable. Trap tiles are a lot less threatening than countdown tiles, and the abilities themselves aren't really worth the trouble.
  • Before all that make the traps permanent. Who really thought up that when DD snuff it with his final breath goes around and disarms all his traps?

It's okay if the team-match and replacement requires a living DD but the natural explode shall go off even after DD dies just like attack and strike tiles linger on.

With that removal by dying thing the character is quite useless.
  • Honestly he is just there to make normal tile clearing more beneficial. He's not a straight up stun, AP stealer, or attacker. He's just there to augment the rewards for normal play. Knowing this the only real buff he needs is to his health so he can stick around long enough to affect the board in this manner. At higher level he's already cheap enough in AP cost not to mess up his team options. Just make him healthy or sparing that give him a passive ability like Modern Hawkeye that dodges out of the way allowing him to not be targeted so that he can keep putting these things out...the latter suggestion honestly fits the character better.
  • I agree he needs to be fixed but don't really like how you nerfed his current powers to make up for him getting disarmed all the time.
    my fixes
    A. trap tiles and all other special tiles are allowed to overlap
    B. Special tiles activate traps instead of disarm them
    C. A Special tile can not occupy the same space as a trap tile (this way it still helps the opponent navigate the tiles while still limiting their movies)
    Will post another reply with a compromise on your solution
  • You pretty much said the other solution but didn't put numbers to it. For each ability disarmed you gain 3 ap of that color upon disarm
  • MonkeySlut - When was DD nerfed? Surely he has only been around a couple of weeks right? Are they nerfing characters and not telling us now?

I dont agree with harming enemies when the traps are disarmed, making the permanent after DD dies makes perfect sense though. Talking about sense, hoe exactly do these powers fir with Daredevil as a character, I mean it's not like DD does nothing but booby trap the battlefield in the comics lol
    I love the new gameplay mechanic of invisible trap tiles but making all his powers use this is too much, he is too unreliable and needs a direct damage power as well.