Game won't run

2»

Comments

• i tried to delete blob file.......for me not working
  • Windows XP. Seems like it's the cause. Still yesterday when I tried to run it multiple times after a while I was able to play.

And game just shuts down after loading screen. I think that's same issue.
  • There's another topic with the same issue. I suggest merging those to avoid nedless mess. And it seems issue is only experienced by people using Windows XP.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    There's another topic with the same issue. I suggest merging those to avoid nedless mess. And it seems issue is only experienced by people using Windows XP.

Threads merged.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just an idea. Try this;

1.) Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
    2.) Right Click MPQ and select "Properties".
    3.) In the "Local Files" tab select "Browse Local Files".
    4.) Navigate into the "Binaries" folder, then the "PC" folder, and finally navigate into the "Ship" folder.
    5.) Right-click the MPQ *.EXE and select "Run As Administrator" (may be labeled "Run As...").
  • Eminently Bored
    Eminently Bored Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Just an idea. Try this;

1.) Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
    2.) Right Click MPQ and select "Properties".
    3.) In the "Local Files" tab select "Browse Local Files".
    4.) Navigate into the "Binaries" folder, then the "PC" folder, and finally navigate into the "Ship" folder.
    5.) Right-click the MPQ *.EXE and select "Run As Administrator" (may be labeled "Run As...").

I experienced the same problem on windows 7. The game would freeze and tell me there was a new update available. I tried GothicKratos' Idea which did not work. But I then decided tho hit the Validate Game files button in properties. I got a msg saying all was validated, but then the client instantly started an update dl. I don't know if D3 happened to release a patch right then or not, but my game now works.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Now it's even weirder, the game enters but I get "Insufficient disk space" in the loading menu. Anyone!?
  • Houtro
    Should I try that superb technique of uninstalling and installing!?
  • Still waiting for response from technical supporst, hopefuly we'll get some help soon. Sigh, I have a huge sad due to ISO and covers I'm not obtaining right now.
  • E-mailed a few days ago but they have not responded icon_e_sad.gif
  • email to but no help......4 days and game crash....im very frustrated
  • Trojax2010
    Trojax2010 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I've been chatting with support about it, hopefully there will be some resolution soon. Otherwise your best bet is to make a script that runs the game until you get in, or of course switch over to another OS if its an option for you. Should only take 50 or so tries at worst to log into the game. Not ideal but there it is until they get a handle on it.
  • me too...i tried 40-50 time for loading game.....1 week ago many players have this problem....and no help no email,nothing
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game would freeze and tell me there was a new update available. I tried GothicKratos' Idea which did not work. But I then decided tho hit the Validate Game files button in properties. I got a msg saying all was validated, but then the client instantly started an update dl. I don't know if D3 happened to release a patch right then or not, but my game now works.

Interesting. I know Steam has this on-and-off problem where someone or something corrupts one of the base packages/depots shared by all free-to-play games and game demos, which causes all of them to go corrupt until the situation is rectified. If you happen to update during that time, you are usually left with either a broken installation or a completely removed installation.
  • i tried all ideas......not work......i play game after 40-50 tries to enter in game.....i send a ticket to d3 and no help no email back....any ideas?
  • Houtro
    It's running fine on XP now. Big thanks!
  • So far I haven't had any problem apart from alliance chat not working. I think that's a separate global issue. Are you strain-testing your servers or something?

PC, Steam, Win7, 64bit.

I believe there is a file integrity check system on Steam. You guys might wanna try that out. Maybe installation or some files got corrupted during the update somehow.

edit: Eminently Bored have already posted about it it seems. What you need to do is:

1. Run steam.
    2. Go to library.
    3. Right click on MPQ and click on "properties".
    4. From the properties window, go to "Local Files" tab.
    5. There should be a "verify integrity of game cache...". I think that should be it. Click on it and let it do its work.

It will almost certainly will need working connection as it might re-download some of the game files or patches.