Status Report: R67 Issues/Bugs (*Updated)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hi all,

Some updates on a few unintended issues post R67:

1) The team is hard-at-work sorting out a bug with missing Events/Events not appearing.

2) Crashes can occur when tapping post-Event results Chapter buttons. We have a fix arriving in R68. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug, there's nothing we can do to address it immediately. To eliminate the crashing for now, we're going to not show the post-Event results button for the remainder of R67.

Thank you for your patience as we work to correct the errors.

*Update: The issue with missing Events should be now be fixed and Events should be appearing once again.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So then what happens with all the work we have put in with pve the new 4* elektra. Again always feels like I'm on the wrong end getting screwed everytime. I was top 50 overall and not that is wasted

Don't worry back in.
  • So I can't play at all???
  • irunLA wrote:
    So I can't play at all???
    You can play prologue missions but nothing else
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have little doubt we'll be compensated for this, D3 have always been pretty quick on handing out apologies to affected parties.
    But in this event it might be difficult to do so fairly. Do you give everyone an Elektra cover? That might feel like cheapening the prize, perhaps. Do you give out a wad of points? Unfair to the people unaffected, and besides how can you tell how many points people would have earned? Simply ISO/HP compensation? Bit weak for something like this.

If it was a 3* character p for grabs people might be less frustrated. But since this is a 4*, rare as hell, and likely required for the next PvE meaning this will have a knock on effect, this glitch has caused a serious hiccup in the plan.
  • I have little doubt we'll be compensated for this, D3 have always been pretty quick on handing out apologies to affected parties.
    But in this event it might be difficult to do so fairly. Do you give everyone an Elektra cover? That might feel like cheapening the prize, perhaps. Do you give out a wad of points? Unfair to the people unaffected, and besides how can you tell how many points people would have earned? Simply ISO/HP compensation? Bit weak for something like this.

If it was a 3* character p for grabs people might be less frustrated. But since this is a 4*, rare as hell, and likely required for the next PvE meaning this will have a knock on effect, this glitch has caused a serious hiccup in the plan.
    They could possibly give a free blue daredevil cover or a prodigal sun token
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's frustrating because I just ground the nodes down to an 11 hour refresh time so they're worth about 40 points maxmum (going to bed soon). I'm ranked 58th overall.
    I might (key word being might) have entered top 50 if I had time to do a single node sweep before waiting 2.5 hours for the refresh.

Maybe I can pull it back later. Top guy has about 60,000 points and I'm a little under 40k. So top 50 is the best I can hope for.
  • seasnal PVP pints drop...and PVP event wining with no rewards and points
  • your programming team is just bad as i ever encountered
  • Removing the post-event results button really makes alliance management a tough job!
  • I really hate to say bad things but removing the results screen for the rest of the season is a completely dumb decision. This will indeed make keeping track of alliance scoring impossible and will piss off pretty much all commanders in competitive alliances.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Making this topic sticky until the next client update.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lhkatsu wrote:
    I really hate to say bad things but removing the results screen for the rest of the season is a completely dumb decision. This will indeed make keeping track of alliance scoring impossible and will piss off pretty much all commanders in competitive alliances.

This isn't the 1st time we have had an issue like this where the results were unviewable after the event ended. Though with the new ending time options, you can only view accurate results if you are in the final block yourself and check in the final minute or so.

Previously IceX had offered to PM the results of affected commanders who were concerned. We can hope another member of the development team will offer to take on this burden this time.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The post-event results screen is also useful for single players who may have accidentally run out the clock on the event while still in a match - if this happens, it's not possible to see your final ranking until the rewards come in, and even then it's limited to "top 100", "top 50" etc. rather than your precise rank.

Ideally it'd be nice to have the results of individual PVPs stored long-term within the season tile - not necessarily the entire leaderboard (though it'd have to be kept on the backend to provide the data), just the player and alliance scores. Or, to expand the concept, keep these records for every event and make them viewable via a "player/alliance history" screen.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any word on whether we'll need to wait for R69 to get post-event results back?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sidlon wrote:
    Any word on whether we'll need to wait for R69 to get post-event results back?

I'm missing post-event results, too, but a couple other members of my alliance still have their Combined Arms PvP tile even though their slice has ended. It's strange.