Beast mode cometh!

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    okay, so we know of beast and colossus....who are these then?
    6h_NJf_Gs.jpg
    No clue. Those aren't silhouettes from any of the in-game art for Beast or Colossus.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    6h_NJf_Gs.jpg
    I'm going to guess Scarlet Witch and Emma Frost. All mutants? An X-men Episode would be very cool.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm going to guess Scarlet Witch and Emma Frost. All mutants? An X-men Episode would be very cool.

Yes, well played I subscribe!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1. Is that definitely Colossus? It kinda looks a bit tiny. My first thought was Havok.
    2. Scarlet Witch?
    3. Beast.
    4. Definitely agree on the **** female art. What's with her hip sticking up like that? Why are her feet pointed inwards? That seems like a really uncomfortable stance. Could be Rogue?
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

1. Is that definitely Colossus? It kinda looks a bit tiny. My first thought was Havok.
    2. Scarlet Witch?
    3. Beast.
    4. Definitely agree on the **** female art. What's with her hip sticking up like that? Why are her feet pointed inwards? That seems like a really uncomfortable stance. Could be Rogue?

4. She's wearing heels i'm guessing for that
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Scarlet Witch and Dazzler?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Whoever they are, they're not spoilers from us. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful wrote:

2. Scarlet Witch?
    3. Beast.

4. Dazzler because we need someone to keep Bagman company
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX, I'm not sure if they are even paying attention.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX, I'm not sure if they are even paying attention.

They just took it and ran down their tunnel icon_lol.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    ::shrug:: Hey, if it makes you happy...
  • TazFTW
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    I don't like the "cat" version, so I'm happy.
    I don't like modern tags on art that isn't modern, so I'm unhappy. That should be Classic Beast if anything. Definitely not Original for sure.

I'm not sure where you're getting the "Modern" from as I don't see it referenced in the article. Is it because of the thread title in the Character Discussion forum? I think Nonce just put Modern as a placeholder as that thread was started based off of guesswork. Definitely not the Modern look and I disagree with having separate designations of Classic and Original or that Classic means something from the 90s - 00s. Classic to me would be Hank McCoy in yellow spandex. This art should be something like Beast (X-Men).
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    I don't like the "cat" version, so I'm happy.
    I don't like modern tags on art that isn't modern, so I'm unhappy. That should be Classic Beast if anything. Definitely not Original for sure.

I'm not sure where you're getting the "Modern" from as I don't see it referenced in the article. Is it because of the thread title in the Character Discussion forum? I think Nonce just put Modern as a placeholder as that thread was started based off of guesswork. Definitely not the Modern look and I disagree with having separate designations of Classic and Original or that Classic means something from the 90s - 00s. Classic to me would be Hank McCoy in yellow spandex. This art should be something like Beast (X-Men).

if I ever see you in my MMR, I totally plan on PMing you when you have a retaliation with

"Kill me if you can. Survive if I let you."
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's what I was thinking about at the time. I just hate the descriptors on some of the characters and the one entirely wrong like IM40 when it should be IM42 but nobody seems to care about that stuff.
    This: http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_40
    Is not this:http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_42
  • TazFTW
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    6h_NJf_Gs.jpg
    No clue. Those aren't silhouettes from any of the in-game art for Beast or Colossus.

It is a silhouette taken from Beast's cover though.
  • IceIX
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

It is a silhouette taken from Beast's cover though.
    Good point. The other isn't from Colossus' cover though. We're using
    137938-18699-110819-1-x-men--colossus-blo.gif
    Just coincidence on Beast methinks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one, no!? But good choice anyways.

x-men_colossus_bloodline_1.jpg
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6h_NJf_Gs.jpg

First one is clearly Colossus. Third one is clearly Beast. Second one makes me think of Dormammu or maybe Iron Fist? Last one is anyone's guess really, since that's a pretty generic pose, but I'm hoping for Phoenix.

That being said, it's two hints have been posted;
    a 2*; "a variant that's about as similar to their other form as Black Widow (Original) is to Black Widow (Modern)".
    a 3*; "a good guy at heart, when it comes down to it"

The 2* has to be someone that exists already and we'll assume it's someone that doesn't have a 2* yet. Pulling from the 1*s, there's Venom, Yelona, Iron Man, and Juggernaut. It cannot be Vemon, Iron Man, or Juggernaut, given this image. The 3* list is substantial, It's notable that the 2* might be an Invisible Woman, which could be the last silhouette. Additionally, in that vein, it could be Psylocke or She-Hulk, but I really doubt this. Yelona or Invisible Woman seems to be the most likely.

The 3* hint seems to hint at an anti-hero (i.e. Deadpool), an anti-villain (i.e. Magneto), or a hothead (i.e. Wolverine or Gambit). If we extrapolate from my above paragraph, the 2* is probably the female silhouette, so that leaves the second silhouette to be the 3*. It seems like they're wearing a cape and some sort of head dressing. I'm really a little lost on this one, because it could be a lot of things.
  • TazFTW
    Options
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 3* could easily be Emma Frost, poster child for the "reformed villain who's definitely a hero now but still a complete jerk to people" character type.